Lauren Conrad Dishes Fashion Week Advice Baskstage at Nanette Lepore ShowRelated: Lauren Conrad
- Photo: LOUIS LANZANO/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Jose Perez/Splash News2 of 15
- Photo: Ron Smits/London Ent/Splash News3 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.4 of 15
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Digital5 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 15
- Photo: AP7 of 15
- Photo: AP8 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP10 of 15
- Photo: AP11 of 15
- Photo: AP12 of 15
- Photo: AP13 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Simpsons' Producer Lands 'How Murray Saved Christmas' Special aMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 1:41:53 PM
- 'The Voice' Winner: Who Did the Experts Choose?MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 1:39:01 PM
- Does the Kardashian-Spawned 'American Psycho' Spoof Keep Up With the Original? (ViMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 1:12:43 PM
- Could the Future of Legendary TV Be on Netflix?MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 12:43:41 PM
- As Music-Competition Shows Slide, What Does It Take to Make a Hit?MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 12:37:01 PM
- 'Simpsons' Producer Lands 'How Murray Saved Christmas' Special a
By Michelle Lanz, reporting by Kara Warner
Just because her fashion line is at Kohl's and not couture doesn't mean former "Hills" blondie Lauren Conrad can't hob knob with fashion industry elites.
The 23-year-old was spotted sitting front-and-center at the Nanette Lepore show on Wednesday during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York City. She has been a longtime fan of the veteran designer, and also showed up at Nanette's show last year representin' in one of her dresses. Wonderwall caught up with Lauren backstage after the show to find out what advice she has for Fashion Week newbies.
"I think it's crazy and I think you learn to do it right," she said. "You want to select a few fun shows to go to, because if you try and do them all, you're exhausted. If you don't do enough, you want to see more. It's just finding a balance."
Designing an entire line of clothing takes an active imagination and tons of inspiration. Lauren says she looks for ideas for her Kohl's collection every day.
"I'm always looking to runways for trends," she explained.
Also an active Twitterer (even though she claimed not to do it very well), Lauren managed to Twitpic a shot from her prime seat at the show. Some girls have all the luck!
More on Wonderwall:
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite