Lawyer: No charges for Lohan in NY assault case
- Photo: GRPR/GSI1 of 13
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Splash News3 of 13
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: SMPD / Rex USA/Rex USA5 of 13
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: POOL/Reuters7 of 13
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Deano/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Deano/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- The Biz: George Stephanopoulos Signs New Deal with Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 9:31:00 AM
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential PeoplMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 8:05:00 AM
- Kevin Clash, Voice of Elmo, Cleared of Sex Abuse ChargesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real dealMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 5:46:01 AM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- The Biz: George Stephanopoulos Signs New Deal with Good Morning America
The Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) - New York City prosecutors will not charge Lindsay Lohan in an alleged fight at a Manhattan nightclub in November, an attorney for the actress said Friday.
Attorney Marc Heller said the Lohan faces no formal charges after prosecutors were unable to gather sufficient evidence to prove the case.
"She's totally clear and exonerated," Heller said. "She has nothing but smooth sailing ahead."
A spokeswoman for Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance declined to comment.
Lohan was arrested Nov. 29 on a charge of misdemeanor assault after an encounter with a woman at the club Avenue in the city's trendy Meatpacking District.
Lohan's accuser, Tiffany Mitchell, was "disappointed" that the district attorney's office decided not to prosecute, said her attorney, Gloria Allred.
"Ms. Mitchell is considering all of her legal options in the civil justice system because of what she suffered that night," said Allred.
The district attorney's decision was welcomed news for "Liz and Dick" star, who accepted a plea deal Monday in a misdemeanor car crash case in California.
The troubled 26-year-old actress was sentenced to spend five days in jail, but that time will be served in a locked-down rehabilitation facility. The plea deal also includes 90 days in rehab, 30 days of community labor, 18 months of psychological counseling, a fine and restitution.
RELATED: Celebs who insure their bodies
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Weight Loss
From Crowd Ignite