Lawyer: No charges for Lohan in NY assault case
- Photo: GRPR/GSI1 of 13
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Splash News3 of 13
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: SMPD / Rex USA/Rex USA5 of 13
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: POOL/Reuters7 of 13
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Deano/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Deano/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Gone Girl' Beauty Emily Ratajkowski Joins Zac Efron in 'We Are Your FrieMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:57:00 AM
- CNN Anchor Calls Fox Nation 'Willfully Ignorant Fsticks'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:41:00 AM
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This DecemberMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:16:00 AM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere Generates 263,000 More Tweets Than OriginalMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:07:00 AM
- CBS Television Studios Names Two New Drama Development ExecsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:00:00 AM
- 'Gone Girl' Beauty Emily Ratajkowski Joins Zac Efron in 'We Are Your Frie
The Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) - New York City prosecutors will not charge Lindsay Lohan in an alleged fight at a Manhattan nightclub in November, an attorney for the actress said Friday.
Attorney Marc Heller said the Lohan faces no formal charges after prosecutors were unable to gather sufficient evidence to prove the case.
"She's totally clear and exonerated," Heller said. "She has nothing but smooth sailing ahead."
A spokeswoman for Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance declined to comment.
Lohan was arrested Nov. 29 on a charge of misdemeanor assault after an encounter with a woman at the club Avenue in the city's trendy Meatpacking District.
Lohan's accuser, Tiffany Mitchell, was "disappointed" that the district attorney's office decided not to prosecute, said her attorney, Gloria Allred.
"Ms. Mitchell is considering all of her legal options in the civil justice system because of what she suffered that night," said Allred.
The district attorney's decision was welcomed news for "Liz and Dick" star, who accepted a plea deal Monday in a misdemeanor car crash case in California.
The troubled 26-year-old actress was sentenced to spend five days in jail, but that time will be served in a locked-down rehabilitation facility. The plea deal also includes 90 days in rehab, 30 days of community labor, 18 months of psychological counseling, a fine and restitution.
RELATED: Celebs who insure their bodies
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHello Hotness!
From Crowd Ignite