Lawyer: No charges for Lohan in NY assault case
- Photo: GRPR/GSI1 of 13
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Splash News3 of 13
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: SMPD / Rex USA/Rex USA5 of 13
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: POOL/Reuters7 of 13
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Deano/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Deano/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- CNN's Nischelle Turner Joining 'Entertainment Tonight' as Correspondent (MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:40:00 PM
- PR Vet Dick Lippin, Producer Allison Shearmur Being Honored by Zimmer Children's MuseumMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:58:00 AM
- Discovery's Nik Wallenda Chicago Skyscraper Walk to Air Live in NovemberMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:49:00 AM
- Eminem Publishers Sue New Zealand Political Party for Copyright InfringementMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:33:00 AM
- Universal's Kevin Grayson to Head Film Distribution at Robert Simonds' New CompanyMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 11:30:00 AM
- CNN's Nischelle Turner Joining 'Entertainment Tonight' as Correspondent (
The Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) - New York City prosecutors will not charge Lindsay Lohan in an alleged fight at a Manhattan nightclub in November, an attorney for the actress said Friday.
Attorney Marc Heller said the Lohan faces no formal charges after prosecutors were unable to gather sufficient evidence to prove the case.
"She's totally clear and exonerated," Heller said. "She has nothing but smooth sailing ahead."
A spokeswoman for Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance declined to comment.
Lohan was arrested Nov. 29 on a charge of misdemeanor assault after an encounter with a woman at the club Avenue in the city's trendy Meatpacking District.
Lohan's accuser, Tiffany Mitchell, was "disappointed" that the district attorney's office decided not to prosecute, said her attorney, Gloria Allred.
"Ms. Mitchell is considering all of her legal options in the civil justice system because of what she suffered that night," said Allred.
The district attorney's decision was welcomed news for "Liz and Dick" star, who accepted a plea deal Monday in a misdemeanor car crash case in California.
The troubled 26-year-old actress was sentenced to spend five days in jail, but that time will be served in a locked-down rehabilitation facility. The plea deal also includes 90 days in rehab, 30 days of community labor, 18 months of psychological counseling, a fine and restitution.
RELATED: Celebs who insure their bodies
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite