Lawyer: Stephen Baldwin to avoid prison in tax case
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN.com/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: DCA/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Jody Cortes/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News12 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- CBS Bumps Halle Berry's 'Extant' to 10 P.M. After Ratings SlipMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Eva Green in Talks to Star in Tim Burton's 'Miss Peregrine's Home for PecMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 11:42:00 AM
- Christopher Walken, Giancarlo Esposito Join Jon Favreau's 'Jungle Book'MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:58:00 AM
- 'Glee' Star Lea Michele to Guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:30:00 AM
- Sarah Palin Channel Mocked on Twitter With Terrible Ideas for TV ShowsMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:19:00 AM
- CBS Bumps Halle Berry's 'Extant' to 10 P.M. After Ratings Slip
NEW CITY, N.Y. (AP) -- Stephen Baldwin's lawyer says the actor will avoid prison and get up to five years to pay back taxes of about $350,000.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Attorney Russell Yankwitt spoke Monday after a closed-door conference with prosecutors and a judge in Rockland County, N.Y.
Baldwin is accused of not paying New York state income taxes from 2008 to 2010.
Yankwitt said that under a tentative agreement, Baldwin will plead guilty this month to a tax felony.
He says if Baldwin pays the money within a year, his record will be wiped clean. If not, he will be sentenced to probation and given five years to pay back the money.
Baldwin, of Grandview, N.Y., starred in 1995's "The Usual Suspects." He's the youngest of four acting Baldwin brothers.
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite