Lawyer: Stephen Baldwin to avoid prison in tax case
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN.com/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: DCA/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Jody Cortes/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News12 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
NEW CITY, N.Y. (AP) -- Stephen Baldwin's lawyer says the actor will avoid prison and get up to five years to pay back taxes of about $350,000.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Attorney Russell Yankwitt spoke Monday after a closed-door conference with prosecutors and a judge in Rockland County, N.Y.
Baldwin is accused of not paying New York state income taxes from 2008 to 2010.
Yankwitt said that under a tentative agreement, Baldwin will plead guilty this month to a tax felony.
He says if Baldwin pays the money within a year, his record will be wiped clean. If not, he will be sentenced to probation and given five years to pay back the money.
Baldwin, of Grandview, N.Y., starred in 1995's "The Usual Suspects." He's the youngest of four acting Baldwin brothers.
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite