Lawyer: Stephen Baldwin to avoid prison in tax case
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN.com/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: DCA/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Jody Cortes/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News12 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
NEW CITY, N.Y. (AP) -- Stephen Baldwin's lawyer says the actor will avoid prison and get up to five years to pay back taxes of about $350,000.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Attorney Russell Yankwitt spoke Monday after a closed-door conference with prosecutors and a judge in Rockland County, N.Y.
Baldwin is accused of not paying New York state income taxes from 2008 to 2010.
Yankwitt said that under a tentative agreement, Baldwin will plead guilty this month to a tax felony.
He says if Baldwin pays the money within a year, his record will be wiped clean. If not, he will be sentenced to probation and given five years to pay back the money.
Baldwin, of Grandview, N.Y., starred in 1995's "The Usual Suspects." He's the youngest of four acting Baldwin brothers.
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite