Leonardo DiCaprio's art auction raises $35 million for charity
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks3 of 10
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: SP6/HSS/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA6 of 10
- Photo: Vem/Dasha/Fame Flynet7 of 10
- Photo: Ari Perilstein/Getty Images North America8 of 10
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Leonardo DiCaprio helped to raise a staggering $35 million for charity on Monday after teaming up with a top auction house to sell off a collection of art.
The actor worked in conjunction with Christie's auction house in New York for the The 11th Hour charity event, benefiting environmental and wildlife conservation efforts.
Works from prestigious artists including Ed Ruscha, Julian Schnabel and Banksy went under the hammer, including a 2013 portrait of DiCaprio himself by Elizabeth Peyton which sold for $1.05 million, compared to its $400,000-$600,000 estimate.
Among the stars in attendance were Bradley Cooper, Salma Hayek and DiCaprio's "The Great Gatsby" co-star Tobey Maguire, who put in the winning bid for Sergej Jensen's Untitled.
Money raised from the sale will fund innovative conservation projects chosen by the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation and an expert panel of environmentalists.
RELATED: Pop star ditches his braces
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLooks For A Deal
From Crowd Ignite