Leonardo DiCaprio's art auction raises $35 million for charity
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks3 of 10
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: SP6/HSS/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA6 of 10
- Photo: Vem/Dasha/Fame Flynet7 of 10
- Photo: Ari Perilstein/Getty Images North America8 of 10
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Leonardo DiCaprio helped to raise a staggering $35 million for charity on Monday after teaming up with a top auction house to sell off a collection of art.
The actor worked in conjunction with Christie's auction house in New York for the The 11th Hour charity event, benefiting environmental and wildlife conservation efforts.
Works from prestigious artists including Ed Ruscha, Julian Schnabel and Banksy went under the hammer, including a 2013 portrait of DiCaprio himself by Elizabeth Peyton which sold for $1.05 million, compared to its $400,000-$600,000 estimate.
Among the stars in attendance were Bradley Cooper, Salma Hayek and DiCaprio's "The Great Gatsby" co-star Tobey Maguire, who put in the winning bid for Sergej Jensen's Untitled.
Money raised from the sale will fund innovative conservation projects chosen by the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation and an expert panel of environmentalists.
RELATED: Pop star ditches his braces
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite