Leonardo DiCaprio's art auction raises $35 million for charity
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks3 of 10
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: SP6/HSS/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA6 of 10
- Photo: Vem/Dasha/Fame Flynet7 of 10
- Photo: Ari Perilstein/Getty Images North America8 of 10
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Exclusive Enlisted Sneak Peek: The Hill Brothers Get Duped by Sneaky Army VetsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:02:00 PM
- Richard Linklater to Receive Founder's Directing Award from San Francisco Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:00:00 PM
- George Zimmerman's Parents Sue Roseanne Barr, Say She Sent 'Lynch Mob' AfMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:53:00 PM
- 'Bates Motel' Star Olivia Cooke in Talks for Lead in 'Me & Earl &MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:30:00 PM
- 11 Best and Worst Moments From 'The Voice' Final Blind AuditionsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 12:21:00 PM
- Exclusive Enlisted Sneak Peek: The Hill Brothers Get Duped by Sneaky Army Vets
Leonardo DiCaprio helped to raise a staggering $35 million for charity on Monday after teaming up with a top auction house to sell off a collection of art.
The actor worked in conjunction with Christie's auction house in New York for the The 11th Hour charity event, benefiting environmental and wildlife conservation efforts.
Works from prestigious artists including Ed Ruscha, Julian Schnabel and Banksy went under the hammer, including a 2013 portrait of DiCaprio himself by Elizabeth Peyton which sold for $1.05 million, compared to its $400,000-$600,000 estimate.
Among the stars in attendance were Bradley Cooper, Salma Hayek and DiCaprio's "The Great Gatsby" co-star Tobey Maguire, who put in the winning bid for Sergej Jensen's Untitled.
Money raised from the sale will fund innovative conservation projects chosen by the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation and an expert panel of environmentalists.
RELATED: Pop star ditches his braces
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite