Leonardo DiCaprio's art auction raises $35 million for charity
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks3 of 10
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: SP6/HSS/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA6 of 10
- Photo: Vem/Dasha/Fame Flynet7 of 10
- Photo: Ari Perilstein/Getty Images North America8 of 10
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage9 of 10
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Leonardo DiCaprio helped to raise a staggering $35 million for charity on Monday after teaming up with a top auction house to sell off a collection of art.
The actor worked in conjunction with Christie's auction house in New York for the The 11th Hour charity event, benefiting environmental and wildlife conservation efforts.
Works from prestigious artists including Ed Ruscha, Julian Schnabel and Banksy went under the hammer, including a 2013 portrait of DiCaprio himself by Elizabeth Peyton which sold for $1.05 million, compared to its $400,000-$600,000 estimate.
Among the stars in attendance were Bradley Cooper, Salma Hayek and DiCaprio's "The Great Gatsby" co-star Tobey Maguire, who put in the winning bid for Sergej Jensen's Untitled.
Money raised from the sale will fund innovative conservation projects chosen by the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation and an expert panel of environmentalists.
RELATED: Pop star ditches his braces
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDebuts Baby Bump!
From Crowd Ignite