Liam Neeson: My wife's death still doesn't seem real
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: HKA/HSS/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet3 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks5 of 8
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Five years after the sudden loss of his wife Natasha Richardson, Liam Neeson admits that he still hasn't fully come to terms with her passing.
"[Her death] was never real. It still kind of isn't," Neeson, 61, told Anderson Cooper during a sit-down for "60 Minutes." "There's periods now in our New York residence when I hear the door opening -- especially the first couple of years -- anytime I hear that door opening, I still think I'm going to hear her."
Richardson died at the age of 45 following a skiing accident that left her brain dead.
"She and I had made a pact that if any of us got into a vegetative state, we'd pull the plug," said Neeson, who kept her alive long enough for family members and friends to say their goodbyes.
In her death, Richardson was able to give life to three other people, as Neeson had her heart, kidneys and liver donated.
"I think she would be pleased by that," said Neeson.
The "Non-Stop" star went on to concede that he still grieves for her, saying, "It hits you. It's like a wave. You just get this profound feeling of instability. ... The Earth isn't stable anymore, and then it passes and it becomes more infrequent, but I still get it sometimes."
Click here to see the video for more. The entire interview airs February 23 at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.
RELATED ON ETONLINE:
Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green welcome baby No. 2
Costner on shooting '3 Days' in Paris
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite