Liam Neeson: My wife's death still doesn't seem real
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: HKA/HSS/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet3 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks5 of 8
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Mayim Bialik to Host 'Candid Camera' ReboMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:34:00 PM
- Exclusive: Elementary Enlists Lost's Sonya Walger, Revolution's Zak OrthMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:22:00 PM
- Who's Going to Die on Under the Dome?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:06:00 PM
- Comic-Con 2014: All the Latest NewsMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:34:00 AM
- 24: Live Another Day: Did Jack Bauer Take Out the Russians After All?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:11:00 AM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Star Mayim Bialik to Host 'Candid Camera' Rebo
Five years after the sudden loss of his wife Natasha Richardson, Liam Neeson admits that he still hasn't fully come to terms with her passing.
"[Her death] was never real. It still kind of isn't," Neeson, 61, told Anderson Cooper during a sit-down for "60 Minutes." "There's periods now in our New York residence when I hear the door opening -- especially the first couple of years -- anytime I hear that door opening, I still think I'm going to hear her."
Richardson died at the age of 45 following a skiing accident that left her brain dead.
"She and I had made a pact that if any of us got into a vegetative state, we'd pull the plug," said Neeson, who kept her alive long enough for family members and friends to say their goodbyes.
In her death, Richardson was able to give life to three other people, as Neeson had her heart, kidneys and liver donated.
"I think she would be pleased by that," said Neeson.
The "Non-Stop" star went on to concede that he still grieves for her, saying, "It hits you. It's like a wave. You just get this profound feeling of instability. ... The Earth isn't stable anymore, and then it passes and it becomes more infrequent, but I still get it sometimes."
Click here to see the video for more. The entire interview airs February 23 at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.
RELATED ON ETONLINE:
Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green welcome baby No. 2
Costner on shooting '3 Days' in Paris
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite