Liberty Ross files for divorce from Rupert Sanders
- Photo: Alastair Grant/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Dave M. Benett/Getty Images North America2 of 9
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Dean, Ibanez/NPG4 of 9
- Photo: Brian Dowling/Retna Digital5 of 9
- Photo: Alastair Grant/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Liberty Ross and Rupert Sanders are officially over. The British model, 34, has filed for divorce from her director husband, 41, in L.A. County Superior Court, according to both People and TMZ.
PHOTOS: Biggest celebrity splits of 2012
According to the site, Ross is asking for joint custody of the couple's two children, Skyla, 7, and Tennyson, 5, as well as spousal support and attorney's fees. She is represented by celebrity attorney Laura Wasser, who has handled cases for Ryan Reynolds, Heidi Klum, Kim Kardashian, and Britney Spears.
Sanders, repped by Lance Spiegel, has reportedly filed a response to his wife's petition in which he also requests joint custody. However, he is not seeking spousal support and wants to share the costs of attorney's fees.
PHOTOS: Hollywood's ugliest divorces
The news of the couple's imminent divorce comes several months after Us Weekly revealed that the "Snow White and the Huntsman" director had been caught cheating with "Twilight" actress Kristen Stewart, 22, in July 2012. Stewart and her boyfriend, Robert Pattinson, reconciled shortly after the affair, but Ross and her husband faced a more uncertain future. In October, they appeared to be trying to work things out when they were spotted embracing after an alleged counseling session. Later that month, they put up a united front to take their kids trick-or-treating in Los Angeles.
Alas, it seems that front has crumbled. "I believe we're all on journeys and we're all given lessons at certain times in our life...sometimes when things seem really bad you have to be able to see the good and learn from it," Ross said of her marriage after the affair. "And move forward as graciously as possible."
"[This year was] the end of some things and the beginning of something else," she continued. "Beginnings and endings are always really exciting."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite