Liberty Ross files for divorce from Rupert Sanders
- Photo: Alastair Grant/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Dave M. Benett/Getty Images North America2 of 9
- Photo: Richard Drew/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Dean, Ibanez/NPG4 of 9
- Photo: Brian Dowling/Retna Digital5 of 9
- Photo: Alastair Grant/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Todd Williamson/AP7 of 9
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- 'Today' Replacing, Promoting Longtime Director Amid 'Many Changes&apoMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:04:00 PM
- Obama's FCC Pick Tom Wheeler Appears Before Senate CommitteeMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 2:39:13 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33
Liberty Ross and Rupert Sanders are officially over. The British model, 34, has filed for divorce from her director husband, 41, in L.A. County Superior Court, according to both People and TMZ.
PHOTOS: Biggest celebrity splits of 2012
According to the site, Ross is asking for joint custody of the couple's two children, Skyla, 7, and Tennyson, 5, as well as spousal support and attorney's fees. She is represented by celebrity attorney Laura Wasser, who has handled cases for Ryan Reynolds, Heidi Klum, Kim Kardashian, and Britney Spears.
Sanders, repped by Lance Spiegel, has reportedly filed a response to his wife's petition in which he also requests joint custody. However, he is not seeking spousal support and wants to share the costs of attorney's fees.
PHOTOS: Hollywood's ugliest divorces
The news of the couple's imminent divorce comes several months after Us Weekly revealed that the "Snow White and the Huntsman" director had been caught cheating with "Twilight" actress Kristen Stewart, 22, in July 2012. Stewart and her boyfriend, Robert Pattinson, reconciled shortly after the affair, but Ross and her husband faced a more uncertain future. In October, they appeared to be trying to work things out when they were spotted embracing after an alleged counseling session. Later that month, they put up a united front to take their kids trick-or-treating in Los Angeles.
Alas, it seems that front has crumbled. "I believe we're all on journeys and we're all given lessons at certain times in our life...sometimes when things seem really bad you have to be able to see the good and learn from it," Ross said of her marriage after the affair. "And move forward as graciously as possible."
"[This year was] the end of some things and the beginning of something else," she continued. "Beginnings and endings are always really exciting."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite