Liberty Ross files for divorce from Rupert Sanders
- Photo: Alastair Grant/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Dave M. Benett/Getty Images North America2 of 9
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Dean, Ibanez/NPG4 of 9
- Photo: Brian Dowling/Retna Digital5 of 9
- Photo: Alastair Grant/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Liberty Ross and Rupert Sanders are officially over. The British model, 34, has filed for divorce from her director husband, 41, in L.A. County Superior Court, according to both People and TMZ.
PHOTOS: Biggest celebrity splits of 2012
According to the site, Ross is asking for joint custody of the couple's two children, Skyla, 7, and Tennyson, 5, as well as spousal support and attorney's fees. She is represented by celebrity attorney Laura Wasser, who has handled cases for Ryan Reynolds, Heidi Klum, Kim Kardashian, and Britney Spears.
Sanders, repped by Lance Spiegel, has reportedly filed a response to his wife's petition in which he also requests joint custody. However, he is not seeking spousal support and wants to share the costs of attorney's fees.
PHOTOS: Hollywood's ugliest divorces
The news of the couple's imminent divorce comes several months after Us Weekly revealed that the "Snow White and the Huntsman" director had been caught cheating with "Twilight" actress Kristen Stewart, 22, in July 2012. Stewart and her boyfriend, Robert Pattinson, reconciled shortly after the affair, but Ross and her husband faced a more uncertain future. In October, they appeared to be trying to work things out when they were spotted embracing after an alleged counseling session. Later that month, they put up a united front to take their kids trick-or-treating in Los Angeles.
Alas, it seems that front has crumbled. "I believe we're all on journeys and we're all given lessons at certain times in our life...sometimes when things seem really bad you have to be able to see the good and learn from it," Ross said of her marriage after the affair. "And move forward as graciously as possible."
"[This year was] the end of some things and the beginning of something else," she continued. "Beginnings and endings are always really exciting."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Beyonce to Jennifer Lopez, see how these stars keep their figures trim.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite