Lily Tomlin considering marriage
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Randy Rasmussen/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: WENN3 of 6
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter PanMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:17:10 AM
- Ventura: Mixed emotions about defamation suit winMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:53:17 AM
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awardsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:06:25 AM
- Watch This Tonight: Sharknado 2MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:49:00 AM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter Pan
Actress Lily Tomlin has backtracked on her previous decision not to wed her partner of 42 years, insisting she now wants to walk down the aisle.
The "9 to 5" star has been dating writer Jane Wagner since 1971, but despite a change in U.S. law paving the way for same-sex couples to wed, Tomlin claimed organizing her big day would be too much hassle.
However, the couple is now considering a union.
Tomlin tells E! Online, "Jane and I have been together for 42 years. We're thinking maybe we'll get married. You don't really need to get married, but marriage is awfully nice. Everybody I know who got married, they say it really makes a difference. They feel very very happy about it."
Tomlin admits she won't be opting for a huge white dress if she does exchange vows with Wagner: "No rings, no bridal dresses. Maybe we'll be dressed like chickens."
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite