Lindsay Lohan calls rehab 'pointless': I've 'never been a huge drinker'
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks1 of 13
- Photo: SMPD/Rex Features/Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: Giovanni/Splash News3 of 13
- Photo: REX Features/.4 of 13
- Photo: REX Features/Wonderwall5 of 13
- Photo: Mike Coppola/GettyImages.com6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/Reuters8 of 13
- Photo: SGGS/GSI9 of 13
- Photo: REX Features/Rex USA10 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
What's all the fuss about? Lindsay Lohan's latest troubles with the law -- flouting a court-ordered 90-day treatment by checking into and out of an unapproved facility in Los Angeles on Thursday, May 2 -- may just be an extension of the troubled starlet's decision that rehab just isn't for her.
"I don't think I need to be on lockdown for three months. I don't think that's rehab," she told Piers Morgan in a recent interview for the Daily Mail's Event magazine. "Constantly sending me to rehab is pointless. The first few times I was court-ordered to rehab it was like a joke, like killing time."
The 26-year-old troubled starlet has checked into rehab a total of six times so far, but Lohan told Morgan that her time could have been better spent.
"I think there are other things I could do instead of going to a rehab center that would benefit me more," she told the TV host and journalist. "The best thing they could do for me would be to make me go abroad to different countries and work with children."
Lohan's latest three-month sentence comes as a result of her March no-contest pleas to reckless driving and lying to the police. In addition to her 90 days of rehab, she will need to receive psychological counseling, complete 30 days of community labor, and pay a series of fines.
But, the actress insists, going to rehab doesn't make her either an alcoholic or a junkie. In fact, she said, she's "never been a huge drinker," and her drugs of choice are limited to marijuana, several prescription pills (Lohan admits to taking Adderall and the occasional Trazodone to help her sleep after jet lag), and ecstasy.
"I don't really like it. It reminds me of my dad," she said of cocaine, which she said she's only done "four or five times." "I took it four times in a period from about the age of 20 to 23, and I got caught twice ... I just should have known that being in the public eye, someone was bound to say something or try to make some money off it."
Her estranged father, Michael Lohan, has also made headlines in the past for his alcohol and drug abuse, as well as his womanizing. Lohan even admitted to bearing witness to her father's cheating at one point.
"He'd disappeared for five days, so I asked Mom if we could go to my grandmother's house and see if he was there," she recalled. "I got out of the car when we arrived and I saw him diving into the pool with some woman. So I ran into the house and checked her ID to see who she was. I remember running back to the car, feeling sick ... That woman was the one he had a secret child with, which came out in the press recently."
"He definitely needs to see a therapist," Lohan continued. "He went to rehab once but kicked out. That's one thing that's never happened to me!"
The "Scary Movie 5" actress is currently spending time in rehab at the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, Calif., and has rehired her former attorney Shawn Holley.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Weight Loss
From Crowd Ignite