Lindsay Lohan Denies Dissing Justin Timberlake -- AgainRelated: Hot Gossip, Justin Timberlake, Lindsay Lohan
- Photo: Pacific Coast News1 of 7
- Photo: Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Tony Clark/Splash News3 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP4 of 7
- Photo: AP5 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:46:42 PM
- 3 Reasons Lena Dunham Can't Laugh Off 'Girls' Porn ParodyMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:35:33 PM
- YouTube's Most Popular Rappers Are White and Nerdy - and Bigger Than Bieber, PSYMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 4:00:39 PM
- 'The East' Filmmakers Go From Dumpster-Diving to Sundance Darlings ... and Get a TMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 3:43:13 PM
- WME Signs Departing Fox Exec Mike Darnell (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 2:11:54 PM
- Mike Darnell Talks Fox Exit, 'American Idol,' Whether 'X Factor'
Lindsay Lohan gave up on the idea of taking responsibility for her actions long ago, perhaps figuring it's a lot easier to point the finger at someone else -- the press, the paparazzi, her lousy dad, that mystery person whose coke pants she unwittingly borrowed before her DUI arrest -- than be held accountable.
And even though she's getting older (she turned 23 on Thursday -- yes, just 23, despite alarming evidence to the contrary), she's not getting any wiser, because she's now taken to deflecting blame over any untoward posts on her Twitter account.
For the second time in two weeks, the drama-loving, issues-plagued starlet has denied tapping out a Twittered diss directed at Justin Timberlake, insisting the potshots were the work of others.
On Tuesday, Linds appeared to take a swipe at the chart-topper's William Rast clothing line after Parisian shopping destination Colette announced that it had his collection in stock ("Mix it with Balmain," the store urged fashionistas).
Soon after, Lindsay posted this seemingly snobbish response: "i can't believe you are lowering yourselves to a MACY'S brand- i am speechless. Paris is chic not mid America. Gross."
(This from someone who plumbed new depths of chic-mocking fashion horror at her recent Sin City birthday bash when she paired fringed booties with a bandage bikini, but moving on ...)
Faster than you can say, "It wasn't me -- it was a one-armed man," Lohan deleted the offending Tweet and declared herself innocent, all while making sure to toss in some feud-defusing flattery.
"i am sorry for the unnecessary comment-wasn't meant to be a jab," she bobbed and weaved. "i have some william rast & it's great-was a friends words."
Maybe that same friend remembered that Lindsay's semi-successful, knee-pad-accented leggings line is carried by -- you guessed it -- Macy's.
"[A]nd my 6126 leggings are in Macy's West," the onetime actress furiously backpedaled, "and they've been great to work with."
Lohan's about-face comes on the heels of another Twitter kerfuffle involving Timberlake. Last month, she hinted that she'd seen him at a New York club looking friendly with someone other than girlfriend Jessica Biel.
"So dark -- where's jb cheater," read her vague posting (jb=Jessica Biel?), which included a dark, fuzzy picture that showed nothing. LiLo, who was at the hot spot sans inconstant inamorata Samantha Ronson, later added, "Why do people cheat?"
Coincidentally (or, you know, not), that same night, Justin "shooed her away" when she tried to dance with him, according to the New York Post.
As usual, Lohan was quick to fend off responsibility for the ostensible accusations by saying she'd been hacked.
"I don't twitter about my personal life!" she said in her defense. "Let alone, someone else's life! I've learned my lesson some time ago ... Just trying to clear the air! And I'm tired of changing my password every other day!"
Then again, why should we expect her to know the difference?
The New York Post says the paycheck-needing starlet pocketed $70,000 to host an early birthday celebration last weekend at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where she promoted her Sevin Nyne self-tanner line and feigned surprise and excitement at receiving a cake so impersonal it had her first and last name on it, along with the name of the party's sponsor. On the plus side, it's the best acting she's done in a while.
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite