Lindsay Lohan Denies Involvement in Tom Cruise Vanity Fair Article
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: RMBI/GSI3 of 13
- Photo: DOBN RMBI BIAG/GSI4 of 13
- Photo: AKMI/GSI5 of 13
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 13
- Photo: @lindsaylohan/Twitter7 of 13
- Photo: PER/Fame Flynet8 of 13
- Photo: BT1/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 13
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
For someone who claims to hate making headlines, Lindsay Lohan has just inserted herself into one of the most talked-about stories of the summer.
The October issue of Vanity Fair delves into Tom Cruise's alleged relationship with Iran-born, London-raised actress Nazanin Boniadi. In the investigative report, special correspondent Maureen Orth claims that in 2004, high-ranking Scientology officials were tasked with finding a suitable partner for Cruise, who had recently split with his girlfriend, Penelope Cruz, and his wife of 10 years, Nicole Kidman. Fellow Scientologist Boniadi, now 32, reportedly fit the bill.
Prior to selecting Boniadi, Orth writes that "Cruise himself was reportedly unable to entice a number of beautiful, well-known actresses -- including Sofia Vergara and Scarlett Johansson -- to accept his devotion to Scientology."
Lohan's name is never mentioned in the lengthy cover story, though for reasons unknown, the redheaded star wanted to make it clear that she never auditioned to be Cruise's girlfriend.
"I just want everyone and Tom Cruise to know, that I have/had no part in the Vanity Fair story," the "Liz & Dick" actress, 26, tweeted on Sept. 5. "Nor has anyone in my life, personal and work-related."
The Vanity Fair piece, which also explores Cruise's relationships with ex-wives Katie Holmes, 33, Kidman, 45, and Mimi Rogers, 56, never alludes to any of Lohan's film projects, legal troubles or personal accomplishments, either.
On Sept. 4, a rep for Scientology reached out to Us Weekly slamming Orth's expose.
"The entire story is hogwash. There was no project, secret or otherwise, ever conducted by the Church to find a bride (audition or otherwise) for any member of the church," the Church said in a statement. "The allegation and entire premise of the Vanity Fair article is totally false."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
From Miranda and Orlando to the Jenners, see some of Hollywood's most amicable exes on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPrivacy Request
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite