Lindsay Lohan Denies Involvement in Tom Cruise Vanity Fair Article
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: RMBI/GSI3 of 13
- Photo: DOBN RMBI BIAG/GSI4 of 13
- Photo: AKMI/GSI5 of 13
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 13
- Photo: @lindsaylohan/Twitter7 of 13
- Photo: PER/Fame Flynet8 of 13
- Photo: BT1/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 13
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
For someone who claims to hate making headlines, Lindsay Lohan has just inserted herself into one of the most talked-about stories of the summer.
The October issue of Vanity Fair delves into Tom Cruise's alleged relationship with Iran-born, London-raised actress Nazanin Boniadi. In the investigative report, special correspondent Maureen Orth claims that in 2004, high-ranking Scientology officials were tasked with finding a suitable partner for Cruise, who had recently split with his girlfriend, Penelope Cruz, and his wife of 10 years, Nicole Kidman. Fellow Scientologist Boniadi, now 32, reportedly fit the bill.
Prior to selecting Boniadi, Orth writes that "Cruise himself was reportedly unable to entice a number of beautiful, well-known actresses -- including Sofia Vergara and Scarlett Johansson -- to accept his devotion to Scientology."
Lohan's name is never mentioned in the lengthy cover story, though for reasons unknown, the redheaded star wanted to make it clear that she never auditioned to be Cruise's girlfriend.
"I just want everyone and Tom Cruise to know, that I have/had no part in the Vanity Fair story," the "Liz & Dick" actress, 26, tweeted on Sept. 5. "Nor has anyone in my life, personal and work-related."
The Vanity Fair piece, which also explores Cruise's relationships with ex-wives Katie Holmes, 33, Kidman, 45, and Mimi Rogers, 56, never alludes to any of Lohan's film projects, legal troubles or personal accomplishments, either.
On Sept. 4, a rep for Scientology reached out to Us Weekly slamming Orth's expose.
"The entire story is hogwash. There was no project, secret or otherwise, ever conducted by the Church to find a bride (audition or otherwise) for any member of the church," the Church said in a statement. "The allegation and entire premise of the Vanity Fair article is totally false."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite