Lindsay Lohan Denies Involvement in Tom Cruise Vanity Fair Article
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: RMBI/GSI3 of 13
- Photo: DOBN RMBI BIAG/GSI4 of 13
- Photo: AKMI/GSI5 of 13
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 13
- Photo: @lindsaylohan/Twitter7 of 13
- Photo: PER/Fame Flynet8 of 13
- Photo: BT1/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 13
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- Discovery to Air Everest Avalanche Documentary May 4MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:02:00 PM
- A&E Sets Premiere Date for Longmire Season 3MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:40:00 PM
- 'Locke' Review: Tom Hardy Captivates in This One-Man Road TripMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:39:00 PM
- Big Bang Theory's Kaley Cuoco Chops Off Her HairMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 2:18:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?
For someone who claims to hate making headlines, Lindsay Lohan has just inserted herself into one of the most talked-about stories of the summer.
The October issue of Vanity Fair delves into Tom Cruise's alleged relationship with Iran-born, London-raised actress Nazanin Boniadi. In the investigative report, special correspondent Maureen Orth claims that in 2004, high-ranking Scientology officials were tasked with finding a suitable partner for Cruise, who had recently split with his girlfriend, Penelope Cruz, and his wife of 10 years, Nicole Kidman. Fellow Scientologist Boniadi, now 32, reportedly fit the bill.
Prior to selecting Boniadi, Orth writes that "Cruise himself was reportedly unable to entice a number of beautiful, well-known actresses -- including Sofia Vergara and Scarlett Johansson -- to accept his devotion to Scientology."
Lohan's name is never mentioned in the lengthy cover story, though for reasons unknown, the redheaded star wanted to make it clear that she never auditioned to be Cruise's girlfriend.
"I just want everyone and Tom Cruise to know, that I have/had no part in the Vanity Fair story," the "Liz & Dick" actress, 26, tweeted on Sept. 5. "Nor has anyone in my life, personal and work-related."
The Vanity Fair piece, which also explores Cruise's relationships with ex-wives Katie Holmes, 33, Kidman, 45, and Mimi Rogers, 56, never alludes to any of Lohan's film projects, legal troubles or personal accomplishments, either.
On Sept. 4, a rep for Scientology reached out to Us Weekly slamming Orth's expose.
"The entire story is hogwash. There was no project, secret or otherwise, ever conducted by the Church to find a bride (audition or otherwise) for any member of the church," the Church said in a statement. "The allegation and entire premise of the Vanity Fair article is totally false."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite