Lindsay Lohan Denies Involvement in Tom Cruise Vanity Fair Article
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN2 of 13
- Photo: RMBI/GSI3 of 13
- Photo: DOBN RMBI BIAG/GSI4 of 13
- Photo: AKMI/GSI5 of 13
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 13
- Photo: @lindsaylohan/Twitter7 of 13
- Photo: PER/Fame Flynet8 of 13
- Photo: BT1/WENN9 of 13
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 13
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet11 of 13
- Photo: ZGLR/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social MeMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere More Than Doubles Original's RatinMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:59:00 AM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Season Debut Gets Theatrical RunMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- Exclusive: Mad Men's Rich Sommer Returning to ElementaryMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- VIDEO: Kathy Bates on Her Personal Ties to American Horror Story: Freak ShowMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:51:00 AM
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social Me
For someone who claims to hate making headlines, Lindsay Lohan has just inserted herself into one of the most talked-about stories of the summer.
The October issue of Vanity Fair delves into Tom Cruise's alleged relationship with Iran-born, London-raised actress Nazanin Boniadi. In the investigative report, special correspondent Maureen Orth claims that in 2004, high-ranking Scientology officials were tasked with finding a suitable partner for Cruise, who had recently split with his girlfriend, Penelope Cruz, and his wife of 10 years, Nicole Kidman. Fellow Scientologist Boniadi, now 32, reportedly fit the bill.
Prior to selecting Boniadi, Orth writes that "Cruise himself was reportedly unable to entice a number of beautiful, well-known actresses -- including Sofia Vergara and Scarlett Johansson -- to accept his devotion to Scientology."
Lohan's name is never mentioned in the lengthy cover story, though for reasons unknown, the redheaded star wanted to make it clear that she never auditioned to be Cruise's girlfriend.
"I just want everyone and Tom Cruise to know, that I have/had no part in the Vanity Fair story," the "Liz & Dick" actress, 26, tweeted on Sept. 5. "Nor has anyone in my life, personal and work-related."
The Vanity Fair piece, which also explores Cruise's relationships with ex-wives Katie Holmes, 33, Kidman, 45, and Mimi Rogers, 56, never alludes to any of Lohan's film projects, legal troubles or personal accomplishments, either.
On Sept. 4, a rep for Scientology reached out to Us Weekly slamming Orth's expose.
"The entire story is hogwash. There was no project, secret or otherwise, ever conducted by the Church to find a bride (audition or otherwise) for any member of the church," the Church said in a statement. "The allegation and entire premise of the Vanity Fair article is totally false."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite