Lindsay Lohan: I'm a Homebody Now
- Photo: MARK SAVAGE/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks2 of 9
- Photo: Deano/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Digital4 of 9
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Joe Scarnici/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
LiLo the wallflower?
Lindsay Lohan will host "Saturday Night Live" this coming weekend for the first time since 2006, but the starlet, 24, says she's not a late-night party girl anymore.
In a Thursday interview on "Today" with Matt Lauer, the often troubled actress says her days of revelry at parties and clubs in Hollywood, New York and elsewhere are behind her.
"I went out, actually, a few months ago with a friend. And I was so uncomfortable," the star tells Lauer. "Not because I felt tempted, just because it was just the same thing that it always was before. And it just wasn't fun for me. I've become more of a homebody. And I like that."
Lohan, whose struggles with drugs, alcohol and the law are well-known, tells Lauer she's now clean and sober, and acknowledges, "I still need to go through the process of proving myself."
In addition to "SNL," the once white-hot star also confirms plans to play Elizabeth Taylor in an upcoming biopic. "We start production soon," Lohan says. "I've been doing tons of research. But I've always kind of researched her. She's always been a fascinating woman to me. So I'm really honored. And I will not let anyone down, especially myself."
The actress is well aware that many filmmakers blanch at the prospect of insuring her on a project. "I could see where it could be scary for people to invest in me," she says. "And I don't want people to have that reason to be scared anymore. So being able to have this opportunity with 'SNL' and the film, I'm gonna do what I'm supposed to do, and enjoy doing it, and do it as best as I can."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite