Lindsay Lohan: I'm a Homebody Now
- Photo: MARK SAVAGE/StarTraks1 of 9
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks2 of 9
- Photo: Deano/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Digital4 of 9
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage5 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Joe Scarnici/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Tim's Vermeer' Review: Penn & Teller's Doc a Magic Mix MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:13:06 AM
- 'GMA': Amy Robach Plans to Work Through Chemo (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 7:09:52 AM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer: Green Goblin Takes Center Stage (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 6:32:41 AM
- Malcolm McDowell Joins Gael Garcia Bernal in 'Mozart in the Jungle'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 6:15:10 AM
- 'Decoding Annie Parker' Starring Helen Hunt, Samantha Morton Picked Up By eOne FilMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 6:57:26 PM
- 'Tim's Vermeer' Review: Penn & Teller's Doc a Magic Mix
LiLo the wallflower?
Lindsay Lohan will host "Saturday Night Live" this coming weekend for the first time since 2006, but the starlet, 24, says she's not a late-night party girl anymore.
In a Thursday interview on "Today" with Matt Lauer, the often troubled actress says her days of revelry at parties and clubs in Hollywood, New York and elsewhere are behind her.
"I went out, actually, a few months ago with a friend. And I was so uncomfortable," the star tells Lauer. "Not because I felt tempted, just because it was just the same thing that it always was before. And it just wasn't fun for me. I've become more of a homebody. And I like that."
Lohan, whose struggles with drugs, alcohol and the law are well-known, tells Lauer she's now clean and sober, and acknowledges, "I still need to go through the process of proving myself."
In addition to "SNL," the once white-hot star also confirms plans to play Elizabeth Taylor in an upcoming biopic. "We start production soon," Lohan says. "I've been doing tons of research. But I've always kind of researched her. She's always been a fascinating woman to me. So I'm really honored. And I will not let anyone down, especially myself."
The actress is well aware that many filmmakers blanch at the prospect of insuring her on a project. "I could see where it could be scary for people to invest in me," she says. "And I don't want people to have that reason to be scared anymore. So being able to have this opportunity with 'SNL' and the film, I'm gonna do what I'm supposed to do, and enjoy doing it, and do it as best as I can."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite