Lindsay Lohan Praises Her Mom and Justin Bieber's Mom for Speaking Out Against Abuse
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Mariotto/Bauer-Griffin4 of 7
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
Lindsay Lohan has praised her mother and Justin Bieber's mom for going public with their experiences with abuse and urged her fans to reach out for help if they find themselves in similar situations.
Lindsay Lohan has praised her mother and Justin Bieber's mom for going public with their experiences with abuse, and urged her fans to reach out for help if they find themselves in similar situations.
Dina Lohan has been vocal about the domestic abuse she says she suffered while married to the "Mean Girls" star's estranged father, Michael, and she most recently accused her ex of locking her in a closet during their turbulent relationship.
She told "Entertainment Tonight," "I was physically abused, locked in closets ... I have police reports, I have hospital records, I have pictures of the black eyes."
Her claims have been blasted by Michael Lohan, but that hasn't stopped Lindsay from voicing her support for her mother on her Twitter.
The actress has also expressed her admiration for Bieber's mom, Pattie Mallette, who has opened up about the sexual abuse she endured as a child in her new memoir, "Nowhere But Up: The Story of Justin Bieber's Mom."
In a series of tweets on Friday, Lindsay writes, "I think @justinbieber's mom Pattie Mallette & my mom @dinalohan are so strong for speaking out about their stories. It's women like this... who make a difference in the world.. They encourage us to be strong. Thank you to @dinalohan & pattie mallette for being such strong women.
"Don't be afraid to speak to someone about verbal, sexual, or any kind of physical abuse. It's your life & you are in control of your destiny."
Lohan also gives Mallette's book a little free promotion, adding, "go out and buy 'Nowhere But Up.'"
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite