Lindsay Lohan Praises Her Mom and Justin Bieber's Mom for Speaking Out Against Abuse
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Mariotto/Bauer-Griffin4 of 7
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'A Most Wanted Man' Review: Philip Seymour Hoffman Bends the Spy Game RulesMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:57:00 PM
- Amazon Q2 Losses Larger Than AnticipatedMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:32:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Air Jordans and Her Assets for Racy 'Anaconda' Cover (Photo)MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:27:00 PM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review: Chris Pratt Rides Shotgun on Marvel's CMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:00:00 PM
- OITNB's Jason Biggs and Laura Prepon Discuss the Pros and Cons of Playing Horrible PeopleMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:44:00 PM
- 'A Most Wanted Man' Review: Philip Seymour Hoffman Bends the Spy Game Rules
Lindsay Lohan has praised her mother and Justin Bieber's mom for going public with their experiences with abuse and urged her fans to reach out for help if they find themselves in similar situations.
Lindsay Lohan has praised her mother and Justin Bieber's mom for going public with their experiences with abuse, and urged her fans to reach out for help if they find themselves in similar situations.
Dina Lohan has been vocal about the domestic abuse she says she suffered while married to the "Mean Girls" star's estranged father, Michael, and she most recently accused her ex of locking her in a closet during their turbulent relationship.
She told "Entertainment Tonight," "I was physically abused, locked in closets ... I have police reports, I have hospital records, I have pictures of the black eyes."
Her claims have been blasted by Michael Lohan, but that hasn't stopped Lindsay from voicing her support for her mother on her Twitter.
The actress has also expressed her admiration for Bieber's mom, Pattie Mallette, who has opened up about the sexual abuse she endured as a child in her new memoir, "Nowhere But Up: The Story of Justin Bieber's Mom."
In a series of tweets on Friday, Lindsay writes, "I think @justinbieber's mom Pattie Mallette & my mom @dinalohan are so strong for speaking out about their stories. It's women like this... who make a difference in the world.. They encourage us to be strong. Thank you to @dinalohan & pattie mallette for being such strong women.
"Don't be afraid to speak to someone about verbal, sexual, or any kind of physical abuse. It's your life & you are in control of your destiny."
Lohan also gives Mallette's book a little free promotion, adding, "go out and buy 'Nowhere But Up.'"
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Gaze
From Crowd Ignite