Lindsay Lohan Praises Her Mom and Justin Bieber's Mom for Speaking Out Against Abuse
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Mariotto/Bauer-Griffin4 of 7
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Lindsay Lohan has praised her mother and Justin Bieber's mom for going public with their experiences with abuse and urged her fans to reach out for help if they find themselves in similar situations.
Lindsay Lohan has praised her mother and Justin Bieber's mom for going public with their experiences with abuse, and urged her fans to reach out for help if they find themselves in similar situations.
Dina Lohan has been vocal about the domestic abuse she says she suffered while married to the "Mean Girls" star's estranged father, Michael, and she most recently accused her ex of locking her in a closet during their turbulent relationship.
She told "Entertainment Tonight," "I was physically abused, locked in closets ... I have police reports, I have hospital records, I have pictures of the black eyes."
Her claims have been blasted by Michael Lohan, but that hasn't stopped Lindsay from voicing her support for her mother on her Twitter.
The actress has also expressed her admiration for Bieber's mom, Pattie Mallette, who has opened up about the sexual abuse she endured as a child in her new memoir, "Nowhere But Up: The Story of Justin Bieber's Mom."
In a series of tweets on Friday, Lindsay writes, "I think @justinbieber's mom Pattie Mallette & my mom @dinalohan are so strong for speaking out about their stories. It's women like this... who make a difference in the world.. They encourage us to be strong. Thank you to @dinalohan & pattie mallette for being such strong women.
"Don't be afraid to speak to someone about verbal, sexual, or any kind of physical abuse. It's your life & you are in control of your destiny."
Lohan also gives Mallette's book a little free promotion, adding, "go out and buy 'Nowhere But Up.'"
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite