Lindsay Lohan splattered with gold dust outside courthouse
- Photo: Deano/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Deano/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 9
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 9
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com7 of 9
- Photo: Michael Stewart/Getty Images North America8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films DownMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 6:33:00 AM
- GLAAD Finds Painfully Low LGBT Representation in 2013 Films, Gives Two Studios Failing GradesMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:00:00 AM
- 12 Comic-Con Stars and Showrunners Share Insider Tips; Pick Convention Must-Dos and Don't MMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 2:00:00 AM
- CBS Films Exec Shakeup: Terry Press Assumes Top Leadership Role, Wolfgang Hammer OutMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 1:22:00 AM
- Woody Allen Talks His Life and Career in First Podcast AppearanceMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 12:12:00 AM
- Earnings: Comcast Beats Profit Estimates, But NBCU Films Down
Actress Lindsay Lohan was dowsed in gold dust as she arrived late to court on Monday morning.
The embattled star risked the wrath of a judge by arriving 48 minutes late for the start of her trial in Los Angeles. She was delayed after walking off a commercial flight bound for Los Angeles from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport on Sunday night.
Aides later revealed Lohan disembarked after smelling fuel and fearing she was in peril.
She finally made the trip onboard a private jet, but it failed to get her to LAX airport in time to make the court appointment.
As she walked from her car to the entrance of the courthouse, a mystery man threw what appeared to be gold powder at the actress, dotting her all-white outfit and further delaying proceedings.
The "Mean Girls" star faces allegations she lied to police officers over a car crash last summer.
She is also facing two misdemeanor charges of reckless driving and obstructing officers from performing their duties, after reportedly failing to reach a plea agreement with prosecutors.
If found guilty on all counts, she faces 240 days behind bars. The trial is just about to start.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite