Lindsay Lohan splattered with gold dust outside courthouse
- Photo: Deano/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Deano/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 9
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 9
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com7 of 9
- Photo: Michael Stewart/Getty Images North America8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Actress Lindsay Lohan was dowsed in gold dust as she arrived late to court on Monday morning.
The embattled star risked the wrath of a judge by arriving 48 minutes late for the start of her trial in Los Angeles. She was delayed after walking off a commercial flight bound for Los Angeles from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport on Sunday night.
Aides later revealed Lohan disembarked after smelling fuel and fearing she was in peril.
She finally made the trip onboard a private jet, but it failed to get her to LAX airport in time to make the court appointment.
As she walked from her car to the entrance of the courthouse, a mystery man threw what appeared to be gold powder at the actress, dotting her all-white outfit and further delaying proceedings.
The "Mean Girls" star faces allegations she lied to police officers over a car crash last summer.
She is also facing two misdemeanor charges of reckless driving and obstructing officers from performing their duties, after reportedly failing to reach a plea agreement with prosecutors.
If found guilty on all counts, she faces 240 days behind bars. The trial is just about to start.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDivorce Imminent?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite