Lindsay Lohan to Barack Obama: I Still Need Tax Cuts!Related: Lindsay Lohan, Barack Obama
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais AP / WENN/.1 of 15
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN2 of 15
- Photo: RMBI/GSI3 of 15
- Photo: DOBN RMBI BIAG/GSI4 of 15
- Photo: AKMI/GSI5 of 15
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage6 of 15
- Photo: PER/Fame Flynet7 of 15
- Photo: Terry Richardson/.8 of 15
- Photo: Richard Drew/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Kristoffer Tripplaar/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: Susan Walsh/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Anonymous / The White House/.12 of 15
- Photo: Kent Nishimura/StarTraks13 of 15
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
Mr. President, Lindsay Lohan would like a word.
On Sept. 6 in Charlotte, N.C., Barack Obama appeared on stage at the Democratic National Convention, where he accepted the party's bid to run for a second term in office. During his impassioned speech, the 51-year-old politician reiterated that during his tenure in the White House, "I've cut taxes for those who need it: middle-class families, small businesses."
The quote was later shared via Obama's Twitter account, which prompted Lohan, 26, to ask for his assistance in receiving a tax break. "We also need to cut them for those that are listed on Forbes as 'millionaires' if they are not," the "Liz and & Dick" star wrote in a tweet directed at Obama. "You must consider that as well."
Lohan does, however, agree with Obama on other issues; she retweeted several quotes from his speech, including: "I don't believe that firing teachers or kicking students off financial aid will grow the economy" and "If you reject the notion that our government is forever beholden to the highest bidder, you need to stand up in this election."
Unlike Lohan, Eva Longoria feels that wealthier Americans -- herself included -- should not receive tax cuts. Speaking at the Democratic National Convention earlier that night, the 37-year-old actress told audience members that Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, 65, "would raise taxes on middle-class families to cut his own -- and mine. And that's not who we are as a nation, and let me tell you why: because the Eva Longoria who worked at Wendy's flipping burgers -- she needed a tax break. But the Eva Longoria who works on movie sets does not."
Scarlett Johansson and Kerry Washington also addressed the nation during the Democratic National Convention before Obama took the stage.
"In 2008, less than half of all eligible voters between the ages of 18 and 24 voted," Johansson said at the podium. "Young America, why are we only speaking with half our voice when so many issues at stake here directly affect us? You know who I'm voting for. I'm not going to tell you who to vote for. I'm here to ask you to commit to vote."
"Over the last two days, we've been reminded of something that perhaps we forgot: what has been accomplished, and what is at stake," the "We Bought a Zoo" actress, 27, added. "And that's why I'm here today -- to use whatever attention I'm fortunate enough to receive to shed the spotlight on what's at stake for all of us."
Washington, 35, address issues facing American women. "Today there are people trying to take away rights that our mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers fought for: our right to vote, our right to choose, affordable quality education, equal pay, access to health care," the Scandal star said. "We the people can't let that happen."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite