Lindsay Lohan to Barack Obama: I Still Need Tax Cuts!Related: Lindsay Lohan, Barack Obama
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais AP / WENN/.1 of 15
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN2 of 15
- Photo: RMBI/GSI3 of 15
- Photo: DOBN RMBI BIAG/GSI4 of 15
- Photo: AKMI/GSI5 of 15
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage6 of 15
- Photo: PER/Fame Flynet7 of 15
- Photo: Terry Richardson/.8 of 15
- Photo: Richard Drew/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Kristoffer Tripplaar/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: Susan Walsh/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Anonymous / The White House/.12 of 15
- Photo: Kent Nishimura/StarTraks13 of 15
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:39:13 PM
- HBO Passes on Darren Aronofsky Pilot 'Hobgoblin,' FX Eyes Project (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:34:40 PM
- Journalist Michael Hastings Dead at 33MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:21:05 PM
- Paul Feig Developing Female James Bond Comedy 'Susan Cooper'MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 4:06:06 PM
- Reed Elsevier Sues Jay Penske's Variety, Claims $1.3 Million OwedMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 3:18:15 PM
- Director Costa-Gavras: European Cinema Could Not Survive Without State Protection
Mr. President, Lindsay Lohan would like a word.
On Sept. 6 in Charlotte, N.C., Barack Obama appeared on stage at the Democratic National Convention, where he accepted the party's bid to run for a second term in office. During his impassioned speech, the 51-year-old politician reiterated that during his tenure in the White House, "I've cut taxes for those who need it: middle-class families, small businesses."
The quote was later shared via Obama's Twitter account, which prompted Lohan, 26, to ask for his assistance in receiving a tax break. "We also need to cut them for those that are listed on Forbes as 'millionaires' if they are not," the "Liz and & Dick" star wrote in a tweet directed at Obama. "You must consider that as well."
Lohan does, however, agree with Obama on other issues; she retweeted several quotes from his speech, including: "I don't believe that firing teachers or kicking students off financial aid will grow the economy" and "If you reject the notion that our government is forever beholden to the highest bidder, you need to stand up in this election."
Unlike Lohan, Eva Longoria feels that wealthier Americans -- herself included -- should not receive tax cuts. Speaking at the Democratic National Convention earlier that night, the 37-year-old actress told audience members that Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, 65, "would raise taxes on middle-class families to cut his own -- and mine. And that's not who we are as a nation, and let me tell you why: because the Eva Longoria who worked at Wendy's flipping burgers -- she needed a tax break. But the Eva Longoria who works on movie sets does not."
Scarlett Johansson and Kerry Washington also addressed the nation during the Democratic National Convention before Obama took the stage.
"In 2008, less than half of all eligible voters between the ages of 18 and 24 voted," Johansson said at the podium. "Young America, why are we only speaking with half our voice when so many issues at stake here directly affect us? You know who I'm voting for. I'm not going to tell you who to vote for. I'm here to ask you to commit to vote."
"Over the last two days, we've been reminded of something that perhaps we forgot: what has been accomplished, and what is at stake," the "We Bought a Zoo" actress, 27, added. "And that's why I'm here today -- to use whatever attention I'm fortunate enough to receive to shed the spotlight on what's at stake for all of us."
Washington, 35, address issues facing American women. "Today there are people trying to take away rights that our mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers fought for: our right to vote, our right to choose, affordable quality education, equal pay, access to health care," the Scandal star said. "We the people can't let that happen."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
- Spike TV's 2013 Guys Choice Awards
- 2013 GLAAD Awards
- 2013 Coachella Hard Rock Lounge
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2013
- Elton John's Oscar Viewing Bash
- 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
- 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- 2012 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 'Breaking Dawn: Part 2' Premiere Red Carpet
- 2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- 'The Dictator' London Premiere
- 2012 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 2011 MTV Movie Awards
- 2011 Kids' Choice Awards Orange Carpet
- 2011 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Golden Globes NBC After Party Red Carpet
- 2011 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 MTV Video Music Awards White Carpet
- 2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- Spike Awards Red Carpet
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Wango Tango Red Carpet
- Hot Tub Time Machine Red Carpet
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Beyonce posts behind-the-scenes shots of the Mrs. Carter Show World Tour on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite