Lindsay Lohan to Barack Obama: I Still Need Tax Cuts!Related: Lindsay Lohan, Barack Obama
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais AP / WENN/.1 of 15
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN2 of 15
- Photo: RMBI/GSI3 of 15
- Photo: DOBN RMBI BIAG/GSI4 of 15
- Photo: AKMI/GSI5 of 15
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage6 of 15
- Photo: PER/Fame Flynet7 of 15
- Photo: Terry Richardson/.8 of 15
- Photo: Richard Drew/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Kristoffer Tripplaar/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: Susan Walsh/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Anonymous / The White House/.12 of 15
- Photo: Kent Nishimura/StarTraks13 of 15
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Good Morning, Cannes: Robert Redford's All Wet, and So Is the FestMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 6:04:40 AM
- Celeb birthdays for the week of May 26-June 1MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:01:00 PM
- 6 Lessons Hollywood Needs to Learn From 'The Fast & The Furious'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- YouTube Network FullScreen Hires HBO Go Co-Creator Tim MohnMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- How an Extreme Movie Makeover Saved 'Fast & Furious' From Going Direct to MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:43:57 PM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Robert Redford's All Wet, and So Is the Fest
Mr. President, Lindsay Lohan would like a word.
On Sept. 6 in Charlotte, N.C., Barack Obama appeared on stage at the Democratic National Convention, where he accepted the party's bid to run for a second term in office. During his impassioned speech, the 51-year-old politician reiterated that during his tenure in the White House, "I've cut taxes for those who need it: middle-class families, small businesses."
The quote was later shared via Obama's Twitter account, which prompted Lohan, 26, to ask for his assistance in receiving a tax break. "We also need to cut them for those that are listed on Forbes as 'millionaires' if they are not," the "Liz and & Dick" star wrote in a tweet directed at Obama. "You must consider that as well."
Lohan does, however, agree with Obama on other issues; she retweeted several quotes from his speech, including: "I don't believe that firing teachers or kicking students off financial aid will grow the economy" and "If you reject the notion that our government is forever beholden to the highest bidder, you need to stand up in this election."
Unlike Lohan, Eva Longoria feels that wealthier Americans -- herself included -- should not receive tax cuts. Speaking at the Democratic National Convention earlier that night, the 37-year-old actress told audience members that Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, 65, "would raise taxes on middle-class families to cut his own -- and mine. And that's not who we are as a nation, and let me tell you why: because the Eva Longoria who worked at Wendy's flipping burgers -- she needed a tax break. But the Eva Longoria who works on movie sets does not."
Scarlett Johansson and Kerry Washington also addressed the nation during the Democratic National Convention before Obama took the stage.
"In 2008, less than half of all eligible voters between the ages of 18 and 24 voted," Johansson said at the podium. "Young America, why are we only speaking with half our voice when so many issues at stake here directly affect us? You know who I'm voting for. I'm not going to tell you who to vote for. I'm here to ask you to commit to vote."
"Over the last two days, we've been reminded of something that perhaps we forgot: what has been accomplished, and what is at stake," the "We Bought a Zoo" actress, 27, added. "And that's why I'm here today -- to use whatever attention I'm fortunate enough to receive to shed the spotlight on what's at stake for all of us."
Washington, 35, address issues facing American women. "Today there are people trying to take away rights that our mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers fought for: our right to vote, our right to choose, affordable quality education, equal pay, access to health care," the Scandal star said. "We the people can't let that happen."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 22, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 21, 2013
- 7 of Rihanna's Worst Looks
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite