Lindsay Lohan's lawyer brands police statement 'deeply troubling'Related: Lindsay Lohan
- Photo: WENN1 of 5
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com2 of 5
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 5
- Photo: Splash News4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Good Morning, Cannes: Robert Redford's All Wet, and So Is the FestMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 6:04:40 AM
- Celeb birthdays for the week of May 26-June 1MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:01:00 PM
- 6 Lessons Hollywood Needs to Learn From 'The Fast & The Furious'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- YouTube Network FullScreen Hires HBO Go Co-Creator Tim MohnMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- How an Extreme Movie Makeover Saved 'Fast & Furious' From Going Direct to MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:43:57 PM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Robert Redford's All Wet, and So Is the Fest
Lindsay Lohan's lawyer has blasted California police officials for releasing a statement suggesting the star violated her probation during her rehab stint, branding their actions "deeply troubling."
Lohan, who completed three months of court-ordered rehab on Monday, was accused of injuring a staff member in an alleged bust-up at the state's Betty Ford Center last month.
Dawn Holland claimed Lohan flew into a rage after she was caught breaking her curfew, and also alleged the actress had been drinking.
She was later fired for talking about the incident to the press and subsequently withdrew her battery complaint against the "Mean Girls" actress.
However, the police investigation into the allegations continued and on the same day as Lohan's release, Palm Desert police sergeants Joe Borja and David Florez released a statement suggesting their probe concluded Lohan broke the rules of her probation.
RELATED: The year in celebrity legal trouble
They also revealed they were preparing to hand their findings to the local district attorney and the Los Angeles Probation Office for review.
The troubled star's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, has expressed her dismay at the officers' decision to step outside their "limited role" and act as press representatives.
Holland tells People.com, "The important, yet limited, investigatory role of the police to gather facts and collect evidence is well-established. The fact that the Palm Desert Police Department went outside this limited role to issue a press statement expressing its opinion about what should happen in Ms. Lohan's case is highly unusual and deeply troubling."
Lohan spent three months in rehab to fulfill court-ordered treatment for violating her probation relating to a 2007 DUI conviction. She faces the prospect of returning to jail if officials rule she has breached the conditions of her probation again.
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite