Lindsay Lohan's rehab choice approved by prosecutors
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage1 of 20
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage2 of 20
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage3 of 20
- Photo: Brian To/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: Startraks/Rex USA5 of 20
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage6 of 20
- Photo: Giovanni/Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: Broadimage/Rex Features; LUCAS JACKSON/Newscom/RTR/.8 of 20
- Photo: Broadimage/Rex Features; Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP/.9 of 20
- Photo: Instagram/.10 of 20
- Photo: Instagram/.11 of 20
- Photo: SMPD/Rex Features/Rex USA12 of 20
- Photo: @lindsaylohan/Twitter13 of 20
- Photo: WENN14 of 20
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News15 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage16 of 20
- Photo: FS2/ FayesVision/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN18 of 20
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- A24 Adds Distribution Exec Heath Shapiro to Growing RanksMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 10:28:45 AM
- 'Breaking Bad,' 'Orange Is the New Black' Among Writers Guild&amMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 10:07:55 AM
- 'American Hustle' Reviews: Do Critics Think David O. Russell's Latest is MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 9:48:23 AM
- Dustin Diamond Regrets 'Saved By the Bell' Book; Claims 'Celebrity Fit ClMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 9:38:40 AM
- Oscar Hopefuls Facing Make-or-Break Time at the Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 9:03:39 AM
- A24 Adds Distribution Exec Heath Shapiro to Growing Ranks
Prosecutors in Los Angeles have approved Lindsay Lohan's choice of rehab facility after she ditched a court-approved treatment center in New York for one in California at the last minute.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Lohan was given until May 2 to check into a rehab program to serve a 90-day sentence, and had intended to seek help from professionals near her family home in the Big Apple. However, the actress changed her mind on the eve of her deadline and hopped on a plane to L.A., where she opted for the Morningside Recovery center in Newport Beach.
She spent less than an hour at the Orange County venue before walking out, and eventually ended up at the Betty Ford Clinic in Rancho Mirage.
RELATED: Hollywood's most controversial moms
Her newly-rehired lawyer, Shawn Holley, attended a court hearing on Monday to address prosecutors' concerns over the 30-day treatment programs provided by the Betty Ford center, but Holley insisted there were three-month sessions available.
RELATED: Rehabbed celebrities
Judge James R. Dabney gave the thumbs up to the facility, but granted prosecutors until Friday to raise any further objections. They have since informed the judge that they, too, approve of the Betty Ford Clinic as a substitute, reports TMZ.com.
Lohan's latest rehab stay relates to charges from a car crash in California last summer.
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Check out some of Ryan Gosling's hottest moments from over the years.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite