Lindsay Lohan's rehab choice approved by prosecutors
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage1 of 20
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage2 of 20
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage3 of 20
- Photo: Brian To/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: Startraks/Rex USA5 of 20
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage6 of 20
- Photo: Giovanni/Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: Broadimage/Rex Features; LUCAS JACKSON/Newscom/RTR/.8 of 20
- Photo: Broadimage/Rex Features; Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP/.9 of 20
- Photo: Instagram/.10 of 20
- Photo: Instagram/.11 of 20
- Photo: SMPD/Rex Features/Rex USA12 of 20
- Photo: @lindsaylohan/Twitter13 of 20
- Photo: WENN14 of 20
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News15 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage16 of 20
- Photo: FS2/ FayesVision/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN18 of 20
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Scandal Postmortem: Are Olivia and Fitz Over for Good?MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 10:08:00 AM
- Ratings: Scandal Hits Finale High; Community, Parenthood Up MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 9:34:00 AM
- I Don't Know What Bryan Singer Did, and Neither Do YouMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 8:56:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Scandal' Season Finale Up as ABC Wins NightMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 8:55:00 AM
- Hillary Rodham Clinton's New Memoir Title and Cover UnveiledMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 8:30:00 AM
- Scandal Postmortem: Are Olivia and Fitz Over for Good?
Prosecutors in Los Angeles have approved Lindsay Lohan's choice of rehab facility after she ditched a court-approved treatment center in New York for one in California at the last minute.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Lohan was given until May 2 to check into a rehab program to serve a 90-day sentence, and had intended to seek help from professionals near her family home in the Big Apple. However, the actress changed her mind on the eve of her deadline and hopped on a plane to L.A., where she opted for the Morningside Recovery center in Newport Beach.
She spent less than an hour at the Orange County venue before walking out, and eventually ended up at the Betty Ford Clinic in Rancho Mirage.
RELATED: Hollywood's most controversial moms
Her newly-rehired lawyer, Shawn Holley, attended a court hearing on Monday to address prosecutors' concerns over the 30-day treatment programs provided by the Betty Ford center, but Holley insisted there were three-month sessions available.
RELATED: Rehabbed celebrities
Judge James R. Dabney gave the thumbs up to the facility, but granted prosecutors until Friday to raise any further objections. They have since informed the judge that they, too, approve of the Betty Ford Clinic as a substitute, reports TMZ.com.
Lohan's latest rehab stay relates to charges from a car crash in California last summer.
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite