Lohan charged with leaving scene of NYC accident
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 15
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais AP / WENN/.3 of 15
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: RMBI/GSI5 of 15
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage6 of 15
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage7 of 15
- Photo: DOBN RMBI BIAG/GSI8 of 15
- Photo: AKMI/GSI9 of 15
- Photo: AKMI/GSI10 of 15
- Photo: ROQU/GSI11 of 15
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: David Tonnessen/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 15
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Washington Post Replaces Publisher Katharine Weymouth with Frederick J. Ryan Jr.MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:46:00 AM
- Ask Matt: Emmys, Longmire, Summer TV (Leftovers, Outlander, Strain),Doctor WhoMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:30:00 AM
- Singer Chris Brown pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault in DC, sentenced to time servedMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:29:19 AM
- Chris Brown back in DC court for plea hearingMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:04:00 AM
- Hey, New York Times 'Vows' Section: Who Cares If 'The Bride is Keeping HeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:40:00 PM
- Washington Post Replaces Publisher Katharine Weymouth with Frederick J. Ryan Jr.
NEW YORK (AP) -- Lindsay Lohan was arrested in New York early Wednesday on charges that she clipped a pedestrian with her car and did not stop driving, but her publicist said he expects the allegations to be proven false.
RELATED: Famous Drama Queens
The 26-year-old actress was arrested at 2:25 a.m. as she left a nightclub at the Dream Hotel in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, police said. They said no alcohol was involved.
Lohan was charged with leaving the scene of an accident and causing injury. She was given a ticket and scheduled to appear in court on Oct. 23.
Police said Lohan was slowly driving a black Porsche through an alley between the Dream Hotel and the Maritime Hotel on 16th Street when the accident occurred. The victim called 911. He was treated at a hospital for a knee injury and released.
"We are confident this matter will be cleared up in the coming weeks and the claims being made against Lindsay will be proven untrue," Lohan's publicist Steve Honig wrote in an email. He wrote the incident appeared to be "much ado about nothing."
It was the latest car accident involving Lohan.
On June 8, Lohan was involved in a crash in California that sent her and her assistant to a hospital. They were on their way to a shoot for the film "Liz and Dick" when Lohan's Porsche collided with a dump truck on the Pacific Coast Highway. Neither was seriously injured and Lohan resumed shooting later in the day.
The accident remains under investigation; police have said they are trying to determine who was driving.
The actress, best known for roles in "Freaky Friday" and "Mean Girls," was cleared in May of allegations that she struck a Hollywood nightclub manager with her car. Los Angeles prosecutors refused to file charges, stating there was no evidence an accident occurred and citing doubts about the manager's credibility.
Lohan remains on informal probation for taking a necklace last year from a jewelry store without permission. She completed a strict counseling and morgue cleanup duty program implemented by a judge. She is not required to check in with a judge or probation officer, but she could face a jail term if she is re-arrested.
Lohan recently filmed "The Canyons," a film by "Less Than Zero" author Bret Easton Ellis. "The Canyons" has Lohan playing opposite James Deen, who is best known as an adult film star with thousands of movies to his credit.
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite