Lindsay Lohan released from house arrest after 35 days
- Photo: SPW / Splash News/Splash News1 of 17
- Photo: Splash News2 of 17
- Photo: Wonderwall3 of 17
- Photo: London Entertainment / Splash/Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News6 of 17
- Photo: Deano / Splash News/Splash News7 of 17
- Photo: Life&Style/Promotional8 of 17
- Photo: Darren Banks/Splash News9 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Whittle/Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com12 of 17
- Photo: Final Image/WireImage.com13 of 17
- Photo: WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Richard Phillips/Promotional16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to MondMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to Mond
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Lindsay Lohan was freed from house arrest Wednesday morning, ending a drama-filled 35 days and opening the next chapter in the troubled starlet's efforts to put her court troubles behind her.
RELATED: Lindsay and more celeb outlaws
Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said Lohan's electronic monitoring equipment was removed shortly before 10 a.m. and she was removed from the jail system around 10:20 a.m.
Lohan is not entirely free. She still has to complete 480 hours of community service, complete an anti-shoplifting class and comply with other terms of her release.
Her spokesman, Steve Honig, said Lohan is "very focused" on resuming her community service, which is being performed at a downtown Los Angeles women's shelter and will also require her to work at the county's morgue.
Lohan, 24, was sentenced to four months in jail in May for violating her probation in a 2007 drunken driving case by taking a necklace from a jewelry store without permission earlier this year. She pleaded no contest to the theft and received no additional penalties, but will remain on probation for several more months.
Lohan's shorter confinement was the result of jail overcrowding in Los Angeles' only women's jail and mandatory credits, but it was not without drama.
Just days into her captivity, authorities were summoned to Lohan's home in the beachside community of Venice because her monitoring equipment reported her out of the area. The equipment had to be replaced because of a faulty battery in the actress' ankle monitor, and after officials learned that a houseguest had spilled a drink another piece of monitoring equipment.
Lohan was summoned to court last week after probation officials told a judge the actress had tested positive for alcohol. Superior Court Judge Stephanie Sautner determined after reviewing Lohan's case file that the actress was no longer required to undergo random drug tests and that she had not been ordered by a previous judge to abstain from alcohol.
Sautner did order the actress to stop hosting parties while serving house arrest, telling her at one point, "Don't give people a reason to hate you."
RELATED: Mug shot hall of shame
Lohan has struggled to put a pair of 2007 drunken driving and drug arrests behind her. She was jailed twice and sent to rehab twice last year for failing to comply with the terms of her probation. She was accused of the necklace theft roughly three weeks after her release from rehab.
She has said she wants to resume acting and remains a cast member of a biopic of the infamous New York Gotti crime family titled, "Gotti: In The Shadow of My Father." Shooting on the film is expected to begin later this year.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite