Lohan seeks more than $1 million from company over fashion line
- Photo: Michael Stewart/Getty Images North America1 of 21
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN2 of 21
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN3 of 21
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 21
- Photo: WENN5 of 21
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet6 of 21
- Photo: Getty Images North America7 of 21
- Photo: GRPR/GSI8 of 21
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News9 of 21
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN10 of 21
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN11 of 21
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 21
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN13 of 21
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN14 of 21
- Photo: Splash News15 of 21
- Photo: Instagram16 of 21
- Photo: Zillow/Promotional17 of 21
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com18 of 21
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN19 of 21
- Photo: TDAA/ZDS/WENN20 of 21
More Celeb News
- Megyn Kelly Declares She's 'Not One of the Opinion Hosts at Fox' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:33:14 AM
- Simon Cowell Tells Jay Leno: Spice Girls Were My Biggest Career Regret (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:13:23 AM
- Fox, Seth MacFarlane's Fuzzy Door Team Up With TinyCo for 'Family Guy' MoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:07:32 AM
- Jon Stewart Bashes NSA and 'World of Warcraft' Gamers in Carly Rae Jepsen Song SpoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:55:51 AM
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Star Oscar Isaac Performs Katy Perry's 'RoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:46:59 AM
- Megyn Kelly Declares She's 'Not One of the Opinion Hosts at Fox' (Video)
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lindsay Lohan sued her former collaborators on a clothing line on Thursday, seeking more than $1.1 million and renewed control of the brand's trademarks.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
The lawsuit claims that a clothing manufacturer who previously worked with Lohan continues to sell items under the actress's 6126 Collection, which started out as a legging brand and had ambitions to expand into other clothing items.
The breach of contract, fraud and trademark infringement lawsuit filed in a Los Angeles federal court seeks royalties and other payments from D.N.A.M. Apparel Industries LLC.
The suit claims D.N.A.M. has failed to pay Lohan more than $1 million in royalties and has not abided by an agreement to seek the "Liz & Dick" star's input on merchandise.
D.N.A.M. also agreed to promote and expand the 6126 into swimwear, cosmetics and other apparel and open a showroom in New York, according to the lawsuit.
The case asks a judge to order the company to stop using the 6126 name and trademarks. Lohan named the clothing line after the June 1, 1926, birthdate of her idol, Marilyn Monroe.
A phone number for D.N.A.M. Apparel was unanswered on Thursday morning, and other attempts to reach the company for comment were unsuccessful.
"Lindsay's very passionate about her apparel line and about designing," her attorney Perry Wander said. "The purpose of this suit is to wrest control of her trademark away from this company that's been selling items overseas and online under the 6126 trademark."
He said Lohan is looking forward to designing a new line and will negotiate with a new company to license her trademarks.
The actress, who faces possible jail time over charges that she lied to police about a car crash, briefly appeared in a criminal court on Wednesday.
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite