Lohan seeks more than $1 million from company over fashion lineRelated: Lindsay Lohan
- Photo: Michael Stewart/Getty Images North America1 of 21
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN2 of 21
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN3 of 21
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 21
- Photo: WENN5 of 21
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet6 of 21
- Photo: Getty Images North America7 of 21
- Photo: GRPR/GSI8 of 21
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News9 of 21
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN10 of 21
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN11 of 21
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 21
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN13 of 21
- Photo: MWB/BSB/ZOJ/WENN14 of 21
- Photo: Splash News15 of 21
- Photo: Instagram16 of 21
- Photo: Zillow/Promotional17 of 21
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com18 of 21
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN19 of 21
- Photo: TDAA/ZDS/WENN20 of 21
More Celeb News
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:30:39 PM
- 'Hemlock Grove' Renewed for Season 2MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 4:19:55 PM
- Kelsey Grammer, Martin Lawrence Land Lawyer Comedy at FX MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:51:37 PM
- Music Journalist Chet Flippo Dead at 69MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:26:04 PM
- Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson Go Back In Time in 'Free Bird's Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 3:01:15 PM
- Thompson, Fantagraphics co-publisher, dies at 56
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lindsay Lohan sued her former collaborators on a clothing line on Thursday, seeking more than $1.1 million and renewed control of the brand's trademarks.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
The lawsuit claims that a clothing manufacturer who previously worked with Lohan continues to sell items under the actress's 6126 Collection, which started out as a legging brand and had ambitions to expand into other clothing items.
The breach of contract, fraud and trademark infringement lawsuit filed in a Los Angeles federal court seeks royalties and other payments from D.N.A.M. Apparel Industries LLC.
The suit claims D.N.A.M. has failed to pay Lohan more than $1 million in royalties and has not abided by an agreement to seek the "Liz & Dick" star's input on merchandise.
D.N.A.M. also agreed to promote and expand the 6126 into swimwear, cosmetics and other apparel and open a showroom in New York, according to the lawsuit.
The case asks a judge to order the company to stop using the 6126 name and trademarks. Lohan named the clothing line after the June 1, 1926, birthdate of her idol, Marilyn Monroe.
A phone number for D.N.A.M. Apparel was unanswered on Thursday morning, and other attempts to reach the company for comment were unsuccessful.
"Lindsay's very passionate about her apparel line and about designing," her attorney Perry Wander said. "The purpose of this suit is to wrest control of her trademark away from this company that's been selling items overseas and online under the 6126 trademark."
He said Lohan is looking forward to designing a new line and will negotiate with a new company to license her trademarks.
The actress, who faces possible jail time over charges that she lied to police about a car crash, briefly appeared in a criminal court on Wednesday.
- Spike TV's 2013 Guys Choice Awards
- 2013 GLAAD Awards
- 2013 Coachella Hard Rock Lounge
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2013
- Elton John's Oscar Viewing Bash
- 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
- 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- 2012 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 'Breaking Dawn: Part 2' Premiere Red Carpet
- 2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- 'The Dictator' London Premiere
- 2012 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 2011 MTV Movie Awards
- 2011 Kids' Choice Awards Orange Carpet
- 2011 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Golden Globes NBC After Party Red Carpet
- 2011 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 MTV Video Music Awards White Carpet
- 2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- Spike Awards Red Carpet
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Wango Tango Red Carpet
- Hot Tub Time Machine Red Carpet
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Ashley Greene reveals a painful wound from a wild Bali vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Brad Pitt's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite