- Photo: Michael Stewart/Getty Images North America1 of 10
- Photo: GRPR/GSI2 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News5 of 10
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN7 of 10
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 10
- Photo: WENN9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'New Girl's' Max Greenfield Confirms He's Returning for &apoMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:51:14 PM
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' to Be Directed by Sam Taylor-JohnsonMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:38:59 PM
- Sam Taylor-Johnson to direct 'Fifty Shades of Grey' MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:38:59 PM
- 'Ender's Game' Producer Linda McDonough Exits OddLot Entertainment to ProMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:33:32 PM
- Has Jay-Z's 'Magna Carta Holy Grail' Album Gone Platinum Before Its ReleaMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:33:15 PM
- 'New Girl's' Max Greenfield Confirms He's Returning for &apo
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Lindsay Lohan's attorney has suggested to prosecutors that the actress serve as a motivational speaker and perform non-jail activities to resolve her latest criminal case, according to a letter obtained Tuesday.
The letter from lawyer Mark Heller proposed several alternatives for Lohan, who could be sent to jail if a judge determines her actions in a traffic crash violated terms of her probation in a previous theft case.
His letter states that Lohan's turbulent home life has deeply impacted her and requires a different approach in the case.
RELATED: Celeb flashers
The actress plans to spend time recording public service announcements and make "periodic visits to schools, hospitals, and other venues where she may provide inspirational talks, encouraging children to pursue positive goals and avoid bad habits," states the letter filed on Friday and released by the court Tuesday.
Heller also proposed the establishment of a nonprofit foundation in Lohan's name to benefit young people.
The actress "has made a commitment to herself to elevate her life and participate in activities which will advance her desire to lead a model life," Heller wrote in a motion seeking a delay in the case that returns to court on Friday. Trial is now set for March 18.
Lohan is charged with three misdemeanor charges of reckless driving, lying to police and obstructing officers from performing their duties. She has pleaded not guilty.
The actress could face 245 days in jail if she is found to be in violation of her probation.
The star of "Mean Girls" and "Freaky Friday" was sentenced to psychotherapy in November of 2011 in cases involving theft and drunken driving charges, but she has not been required to attend counseling since being placed on informal probation in March 2012.
Those terms were imposed by Judge Stephanie Sautner, who is retiring and will no longer handle Lohan's case.
The crash that prompted the current charges occurred in June on Pacific Coast Highway while Lohan was on the way to a movie shoot.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Terry White, chief deputy city attorney in Santa Monica, declined comment on the letter. He said discussions about a possible resolution are scheduled to take place this week.
Lohan, 26, was on her way to a beach shoot with another person for the TV movie "Liz and Dick" when her car crashed into the back of a dump truck. Police allege she lied about being behind the wheel.
Heller is also seeking dismissal of the charges against Lohan, arguing that police ignored her when she said she didn't want to be interviewed without her attorney present.
Lohan was at the hospital at the time, not in custody, and showed no signs of impairment when officers gave her a field sobriety test, the lawyer said.
- Spike TV's 2013 Guys Choice Awards
- 2013 GLAAD Awards
- 2013 Coachella Hard Rock Lounge
- 2013 MTV Movie Awards
- Kids' Choice Awards 2013
- Elton John's Oscar Viewing Bash
- 2013 Grammy Awards
- 2013 Clive Davis Pre-Grammy Party
- 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- 2012 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 'Breaking Dawn: Part 2' Premiere Red Carpet
- 2012 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- 'The Dictator' London Premiere
- 2012 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2012 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 MTV Video Music Awards
- 2011 MTV Movie Awards
- 2011 Kids' Choice Awards Orange Carpet
- 2011 Grammy Awards Red Carpet
- 2011 Golden Globes NBC After Party Red Carpet
- 2011 People's Choice Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 American Music Awards Red Carpet
- 2010 MTV Video Music Awards White Carpet
- 2010 Emmy Awards Red Carpet
- Spike Awards Red Carpet
- MTV Movie Awards Red Carpet
- Wango Tango Red Carpet
- Hot Tub Time Machine Red Carpet
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite