- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks1 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: KB4/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: INB/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Wonderwall7 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Columbia Pictures/Promotional12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
By Katie Mathewson
There aren't many actresses who can rival Lucy Liu in terms of talent, class, and fashion sense. Playing Joan Watson on "Elementary" has finally allowed Lucy to break free from the Chinese-American stereotypes of some of her other iconic roles, like Alex in "Charlie's Angels" and O-Ren in "Kill Bill." Now, the actress is giving back to the Girl Scouts, displaying her art at an exhibit in Manchester, and gearing up for an all-new season of CBS hit show "Elementary."
RELATED: Celebs' favorite summer foods
Wonderwall: We love your red carpet style! Lately, some of your looks even remind us of the iconic Sherlock Holmes. What inspires your fashion?
Lucy Liu: "We like to mix things up a little bit and keep it really fresh. We'll go from a Versace metal, very structured dress to a Carolina Herrera flower dress that has a very 'Marie Antoinette' style. We try to keep it different and constantly moving so that it's never predictable."
RELATED: Summer fashion trends
Wonderwall: We hear you're donating the Girl Scouts a collectible Alex doll [from the "Charlie's Angels" franchise]. When you look back on that time in your career, what feelings do you have?
Lucy Liu: "It was just such a fun time. It's amazing to become one of these iconic characters for other girls, like when it was Farrah Fawcett for me when I was younger. [They were] superheroes, you know?"
RELATED: Hollywood's hottest dads
Wonderwall: You're working with Nestlé to promote the return of the Nestlé Crunch Girl Scout candy bars as a part of your ongoing relationship with the Scouts. How'd that start?
Lucy Liu: "Well, my goddaughter ... today is her birthday, actually. I'm giving her a shout out. She's turning 9 and she joined the Girl Scouts last year. That's when I really started becoming more involved."
Wonderwall: Have you witnessed any major changes in your goddaughter since she joined?
Lucy Liu: "I don't want to say she's a young lady, but she's kind of coming out of her shell and becoming more confident [by] selling cookies and becoming more involved in her community. She's growing up and understanding money ... and now, she's exchanging money with people. You know, dealing with math and change. It's sort of like independence, and it's really special to see that."
RELATED: Best and worst beach bodies
Wonderwall: Do you have a pretty big sweet tooth? What are you going to buy when she comes knocking at your door?
Lucy Liu: "Oh, I've already bought like a ton of things from her, but this candy bar is really cool because they've [added] Nestlé Crunch, which I was obsessed with as a kid ... They've got peanut butter and they've got coconut and caramel and then they have, of course, the famous Thin Mint that everyone knows."
Wonderwall: We have no idea how you can eat all of that and look the way you do. Be honest -- how hard is it to keep up your incredible figure?
Lucy Liu: "I always enjoy having sweets, but I don't try to overdo it. So I will -- like, a couple hours after a meal -- have something, maybe one or two candy bars, or have a cookie or a muffin. I don't ever say no to a cookie because in the end, I wind up binging anyways."
RELATED: Celebs with iconic beauty marks
From slicked back hair to drop-crotch pants, check out some of the biggest fashion blunders of the year.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite