Kellan Lutz pushed himself hard for 'Immortals' role
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Dylan George/.2 of 16
- Photo: Dylan George/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins, Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins, Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 16
- Photo: GQ6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins / Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: .9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Startracksphoto.com/ALBERT MICHAEL/.11 of 16
- Photo: Abbott + Main via CeleBitchy/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 16
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Kellan Lutz has revealed the secrets to his buff body in upcoming movie "Immortals" - he ate 16 eggs every morning as part of a strict diet and fitness regime.
The Twilight star bulked up to 220 pounds for the mythological Greek epic by following a specially-devised eating plan.
As a result, Lutz had energy to spare and he regularly worked out on set with his co-stars Henry Cavill and Luke Evans to stave off boredom.
He tells Men's Fitness magazine, "I ate 16 eggs every morning. I got up to 220 pounds of solid muscle. We'd work out every day.
"Shooting one scene could take all day - and when that's just driving a Humvee at five miles an hour, we had energy to burn. We were doing push-ups on top of the Humvees. We were throwing wheels and rocks. We were timing each other, betting who can do the most push-ups, just to keep our sanity.
"Within 30 minutes, you're dripping. And it's Africa. So it's hot as balls out there. We pushed each other to be the best we could be."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite