Kellan Lutz pushed himself hard for 'Immortals' role
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Dylan George/.2 of 16
- Photo: Dylan George/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins, Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins, Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 16
- Photo: GQ6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins / Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: .9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Startracksphoto.com/ALBERT MICHAEL/.11 of 16
- Photo: Abbott + Main via CeleBitchy/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Mia Hansen-Love's EDM Movie 'Eden' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 10:56:00 AM
- Chelsea Handler's Dog Is a Lion King in Teaser for Netflix Comedy Special (Photo)MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:43:00 AM
- Aaron Paul Joins Jamie Dornan in Miramax's 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax'MSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:32:00 AM
- Ratings: Gotham Cops Good Numbers — See How Scorpion and Forever DidMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:26:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 12:09 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/23/2014 9:09:53 AM
- Mia Hansen-Love's EDM Movie 'Eden' Lands U.S. Distribution
Kellan Lutz has revealed the secrets to his buff body in upcoming movie "Immortals" - he ate 16 eggs every morning as part of a strict diet and fitness regime.
The Twilight star bulked up to 220 pounds for the mythological Greek epic by following a specially-devised eating plan.
As a result, Lutz had energy to spare and he regularly worked out on set with his co-stars Henry Cavill and Luke Evans to stave off boredom.
He tells Men's Fitness magazine, "I ate 16 eggs every morning. I got up to 220 pounds of solid muscle. We'd work out every day.
"Shooting one scene could take all day - and when that's just driving a Humvee at five miles an hour, we had energy to burn. We were doing push-ups on top of the Humvees. We were throwing wheels and rocks. We were timing each other, betting who can do the most push-ups, just to keep our sanity.
"Within 30 minutes, you're dripping. And it's Africa. So it's hot as balls out there. We pushed each other to be the best we could be."
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy TV Stars
From Sofia Vergara to Justin Theroux, check out the rest of TV's hottest stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTInspiring Hubby!
From Crowd Ignite