Macaulay Culkin looks healthier than ever at rare appearance in NYC
- Photo: Mike Coppola/Getty Images North America1 of 7
- Photo: Freddie Baez/StarTraks2 of 7
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: NHF/CHAB/ZDS/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: MALCOLM CLARKE/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation/Promotional6 of 7
More Celeb News
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a Documentary
Macaulay Culkin is alive and very well, folks. Last summer, unconfirmed reports surfaced online that the former child star was battling a severe heroin addiction and had allegedly only six months left to live. But on Friday, Oct. 11, Culkin, now 33, made a rare public appearance at New York Comic Con with the cast of the Adult Swim cartoon "Robot Chicken."
Though dressed in typically eclectic fashion -- featuring fuzzy pink animal ears, women's sunglasses, a beaded necklace, and a variety of rings and bracelets -- a bearded Culkin ad clearly put on a healthy amount of weight and looked markedly better than he did last August. The Home Alone star has voiced several characters on "Robot Chicken" and fielded questions with Seth Green, Breckin Meyer, and Matthew Senreich on this weekend's panel.
Back in August 2012, Culkin's rep vehemently denied the heroin addiction claims, but photos of the former child star looking gaunt and disturbingly thin only fueled tabloid reports that he had fallen on hard times.
Apart from his roles on "Robot Chicken," Culkin appeared in five episodes of the NBC drama "Kings" in 2009. He has kept a relatively low profile since the heroin rumors surfaced. He attended pal Natalie Portman's wedding in August 2012. Culkin and actress Mila Kunis ended their eight-year relationship in January 2011.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they now: Child stars
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite