Macaulay Culkin looks healthier than ever at rare appearance in NYC
- Photo: Mike Coppola/Getty Images North America1 of 7
- Photo: Freddie Baez/StarTraks2 of 7
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: NHF/CHAB/ZDS/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: MALCOLM CLARKE/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation/Promotional6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Earnings: New York Times Co. Profit Down 21% in Q2MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:43:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York City
Macaulay Culkin is alive and very well, folks. Last summer, unconfirmed reports surfaced online that the former child star was battling a severe heroin addiction and had allegedly only six months left to live. But on Friday, Oct. 11, Culkin, now 33, made a rare public appearance at New York Comic Con with the cast of the Adult Swim cartoon "Robot Chicken."
Though dressed in typically eclectic fashion -- featuring fuzzy pink animal ears, women's sunglasses, a beaded necklace, and a variety of rings and bracelets -- a bearded Culkin ad clearly put on a healthy amount of weight and looked markedly better than he did last August. The Home Alone star has voiced several characters on "Robot Chicken" and fielded questions with Seth Green, Breckin Meyer, and Matthew Senreich on this weekend's panel.
Back in August 2012, Culkin's rep vehemently denied the heroin addiction claims, but photos of the former child star looking gaunt and disturbingly thin only fueled tabloid reports that he had fallen on hard times.
Apart from his roles on "Robot Chicken," Culkin appeared in five episodes of the NBC drama "Kings" in 2009. He has kept a relatively low profile since the heroin rumors surfaced. He attended pal Natalie Portman's wedding in August 2012. Culkin and actress Mila Kunis ended their eight-year relationship in January 2011.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they now: Child stars
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite