Madonna's rep blasts Toronto Film Festival diva rumors
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: DC5/ Dominic Chan/http://www.wenn.com/3 of 16
- Photo: Luigi Costantini/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital5 of 16
- Photo: DOUG PIZAC/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Dick Fung/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Hypnotics/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Hypnotics/Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Tilak Desai/Splash News15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Celebrity Wife Swap' Debut Drops 58 Percent From Last YearMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 9:02:00 AM
- Martin O'Donnell, 'Halo' Composer, Fired by Bungie 'Without CausMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:53:00 AM
- 'Game of Thrones' Breaks Its Own Piracy Record With Purple Wedding EpisodeMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:20:00 AM
- 'Transcendence' Reviews: Is the Johnny Depp Thriller Trippy or Tedious?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:17:00 AM
- The View to Unite All 11 Co-Hosts for Barbara Walters FarewellMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 7:23:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Celebrity Wife Swap' Debut Drops 58 Percent From Last Year
Madonna's representative has dismissed rumors of diva demands at the Toronto International Film Festival after the superstar's security guards reportedly ordered volunteers to turn away as she walked past.
RELATED: Toronto Film Festival
The Material Girl attended the annual movie showcase in Canada earlier this week to screen and promote her new directorial project, "W.E."
Backstage, Madonna made eight volunteers turn their faces to the wall as she passed so she could walk undisturbed, The Globe and Mail newspaper of Toronto reported Monday, based on what a volunteer said.
Jennifer Bell, vice president of communications at the festival, spoke out to defend the employees, saying, "Of course, it flies in the face of what we stand for as an organization. Our volunteers are the heart and soul of the festival. They keep it running on all cylinders."
However, Madonna's longtime rep, Liz Rosenberg, insists the star didn't dish out the instruction and is baffled as to who would have made such a demand.
In a statement, she says, "Neither Madonna nor her security ever gave instructions for the volunteers to turn away from Madonna. In fact, she was so impressed with the volunteers that she publicly thanked them from the stage for their hard work before the premiere of her film last night which earned a standing ovation. ..."I don't know how it happened or where it came from. I still haven't found out who did it but Madonna didn't do it. We are still trying to figure out who and why anyone would ask the volunteers to turn away from Madonna. She has never and would never ask anyone to do that ever."
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite