Tabloid Issues Apology Over Nicolas Cage Stalker Story
- Photo: WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN2 of 10
- Photo: GIA/WENN3 of 10
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.4 of 10
- Photo: Jean-Paul Aussenard/Bauer-Griffin5 of 10
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks6 of 10
- Photo: Gregory Bull/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Arash Radpour/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Joaquin Phoenix Breaks Up with Jimmy Fallon After Being a Jerk Backstage (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 10:29:33 AM
- CW Midseason Schedule: New Nights for 2 Shows, 'Beauty and the Beast' to Go on HiaMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 10:18:01 AM
- TLC Couples 'Honey Boo Boo' Return With Weinstein Co.'s 'TrailerMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 10:00:13 AM
- How a Song About Custer Morphed Into 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Globe Nominee &aposMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 9:34:26 AM
- Jimmy Kimmel Interprets Fake Nelson Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 9:30:14 AM
- Joaquin Phoenix Breaks Up with Jimmy Fallon After Being a Jerk Backstage (Video)
Nicolas Cage has received a formal apology from editors at a tabloid after they falsely accused him of stalking Vanessa Hudgens on the set of their new movie.
RELATED: Bing: Stars Who Went Broke
Star magazine bosses published a story last month claiming Cage "constantly watched" his young co-star and "even showed up on days when he wasn't filming to see her."
The article went on to allege that his behavior prompted Hudgens to beg directors to ban him from the set.
However, editors have since accepted the story was completely baseless and they issued a statement on Wednesday, apologizing to Cage for the erroneous piece.
The statement reads: "In a story in the Sept. 17 issue, 'Creepy Cage Stalked His Costar,' we erroneously reported that Nicolas Cage had 'unnerved' "High School Musical" actress Vanessa Hudgens with his behavior on the set of their new thriller, "The Frozen Ground."
RELATED: Nicolas Cage: Fact or Fiction?
"Nic and Vanessa denied that any of the reported events occurred, and they confirmed that they're on excellent terms and are eagerly looking forward to the Nov. 30 release of their film. We apologize to Mr. Cage for the error and are happy to set the record straight."
The forthcoming thriller is based on the real-life hunt for 1980s serial killer Robert Hansen, and stars Hudgens as a young victim who turns to a police detective, played by Cage, to bring him to justice. John Cusack also stars.
The news comes just a day after it emerged that Cage had settled a lawsuit against editors at Britain's Daily Mail newspaper over a false online story about his alleged tax troubles.
The "Ghost Rider" star accused journalists at the MailOnline of tarnishing his reputation by reporting he was behind on his payments in an article uploaded last month.
As part of the settlement, the actor received a story retraction, a proper apology and a sum of undisclosed damages.
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite