Maggie Gyllenhaal, Peter Sarsgaard Welcome a Daughter
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Pier Marco Tacca/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Pacific Coast News3 of 13
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com8 of 13
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com10 of 13
- Photo: Chris Ashford/Camera Press/Retna Digital11 of 13
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard became the proud parents of their second baby girl, a rep for Gyllenhaal confirms to Us Weekly exclusively.
The parents named their newborn Gloria Ray. She was delivered April 19 in New York.
The actress, 34, and the actor, 41, are already parents to daughter Ramona, 5. Together since 2002, the couple tied the knot at a small chapel in Brindisi, Italy, on May 2, 2009.
Since first becoming a mother in 2006, Gyllenhaal has struggled to balance her personal and professional life. "I had been so focused on Ramona -- and she's been everything to me -- but I'm also an actress," she told Us in January 2010. "It's not possible to do it perfectly."
Gyllenhaal waited until her second trimester to announce her most recent pregnancy.
"I find it difficult to pretend you're not pregnant, which I had to do," the "Crazy Heart" star told USA Today in March. "I didn't let anyone know until three and a half months this time. I went to film festivals. I'm throwing up in the bathroom and having to keep pretzels in my purse, and having to fit into dresses."
Sarsgaard, meanwhile, had another set of concerns, the biggest being how to prepare Ramona for sisterhood. "I've seen kids with siblings -- I don't have any siblings, so I don't know -- but they generally go for about five minutes, 'Oh, cool! Anyway, what are we going to do now? Can we return it?'" he told reporters in February. "I think it gets boring quickly, at first, and it takes a while for them to bond."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite