Maggie Gyllenhaal, Peter Sarsgaard Welcome a Daughter
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Pier Marco Tacca/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Pacific Coast News3 of 13
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com8 of 13
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com10 of 13
- Photo: Chris Ashford/Camera Press/Retna Digital11 of 13
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Dies in Paragliding Accident (Report)MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 10:14:00 AM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Has Passionate Clown Sex in GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 10:08:00 AM
- Mark Ruffalo Tweets Pics From 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Set (Photos)MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 9:39:00 AM
- Ratings: 'The Voice' Hits Low, But Still Tops Night for NBCMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 9:28:00 AM
- Chris Christie Won't Miss David Letterman's 'Fat Jokes,' Can&MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 9:05:00 AM
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Dies in Paragliding Accident (Report)
Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard became the proud parents of their second baby girl, a rep for Gyllenhaal confirms to Us Weekly exclusively.
The parents named their newborn Gloria Ray. She was delivered April 19 in New York.
The actress, 34, and the actor, 41, are already parents to daughter Ramona, 5. Together since 2002, the couple tied the knot at a small chapel in Brindisi, Italy, on May 2, 2009.
Since first becoming a mother in 2006, Gyllenhaal has struggled to balance her personal and professional life. "I had been so focused on Ramona -- and she's been everything to me -- but I'm also an actress," she told Us in January 2010. "It's not possible to do it perfectly."
Gyllenhaal waited until her second trimester to announce her most recent pregnancy.
"I find it difficult to pretend you're not pregnant, which I had to do," the "Crazy Heart" star told USA Today in March. "I didn't let anyone know until three and a half months this time. I went to film festivals. I'm throwing up in the bathroom and having to keep pretzels in my purse, and having to fit into dresses."
Sarsgaard, meanwhile, had another set of concerns, the biggest being how to prepare Ramona for sisterhood. "I've seen kids with siblings -- I don't have any siblings, so I don't know -- but they generally go for about five minutes, 'Oh, cool! Anyway, what are we going to do now? Can we return it?'" he told reporters in February. "I think it gets boring quickly, at first, and it takes a while for them to bond."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBaby Girl!
From Crowd Ignite