Maggie Gyllenhaal, Peter Sarsgaard Welcome a Daughter
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Pier Marco Tacca/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Pacific Coast News3 of 13
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com8 of 13
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com10 of 13
- Photo: Chris Ashford/Camera Press/Retna Digital11 of 13
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard became the proud parents of their second baby girl, a rep for Gyllenhaal confirms to Us Weekly exclusively.
The parents named their newborn Gloria Ray. She was delivered April 19 in New York.
The actress, 34, and the actor, 41, are already parents to daughter Ramona, 5. Together since 2002, the couple tied the knot at a small chapel in Brindisi, Italy, on May 2, 2009.
Since first becoming a mother in 2006, Gyllenhaal has struggled to balance her personal and professional life. "I had been so focused on Ramona -- and she's been everything to me -- but I'm also an actress," she told Us in January 2010. "It's not possible to do it perfectly."
Gyllenhaal waited until her second trimester to announce her most recent pregnancy.
"I find it difficult to pretend you're not pregnant, which I had to do," the "Crazy Heart" star told USA Today in March. "I didn't let anyone know until three and a half months this time. I went to film festivals. I'm throwing up in the bathroom and having to keep pretzels in my purse, and having to fit into dresses."
Sarsgaard, meanwhile, had another set of concerns, the biggest being how to prepare Ramona for sisterhood. "I've seen kids with siblings -- I don't have any siblings, so I don't know -- but they generally go for about five minutes, 'Oh, cool! Anyway, what are we going to do now? Can we return it?'" he told reporters in February. "I think it gets boring quickly, at first, and it takes a while for them to bond."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite