Maggie Gyllenhaal, Peter Sarsgaard Welcome a Daughter
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Pier Marco Tacca/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Pacific Coast News3 of 13
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com4 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com8 of 13
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com10 of 13
- Photo: Chris Ashford/Camera Press/Retna Digital11 of 13
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Writers Talk Turning Facts Into Drama: We're &amMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:04 AM
- LA Film Critics: Lupita Nyong'o Named Best Supporting ActressMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:20:58 AM
- Keanu Reeves' '47 Ronin' Debuts at No. 3 at Japanese Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:11:57 AM
- 'Dude, You're Screwed' Peek: How a Speedo Becomes Handy in the Arctic (ExMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 10:00:27 AM
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Box-Office Opening is Coen Brothers' Best EverMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:01:30 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Writers Talk Turning Facts Into Drama: We're &am
Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard became the proud parents of their second baby girl, a rep for Gyllenhaal confirms to Us Weekly exclusively.
The parents named their newborn Gloria Ray. She was delivered April 19 in New York.
The actress, 34, and the actor, 41, are already parents to daughter Ramona, 5. Together since 2002, the couple tied the knot at a small chapel in Brindisi, Italy, on May 2, 2009.
Since first becoming a mother in 2006, Gyllenhaal has struggled to balance her personal and professional life. "I had been so focused on Ramona -- and she's been everything to me -- but I'm also an actress," she told Us in January 2010. "It's not possible to do it perfectly."
Gyllenhaal waited until her second trimester to announce her most recent pregnancy.
"I find it difficult to pretend you're not pregnant, which I had to do," the "Crazy Heart" star told USA Today in March. "I didn't let anyone know until three and a half months this time. I went to film festivals. I'm throwing up in the bathroom and having to keep pretzels in my purse, and having to fit into dresses."
Sarsgaard, meanwhile, had another set of concerns, the biggest being how to prepare Ramona for sisterhood. "I've seen kids with siblings -- I don't have any siblings, so I don't know -- but they generally go for about five minutes, 'Oh, cool! Anyway, what are we going to do now? Can we return it?'" he told reporters in February. "I think it gets boring quickly, at first, and it takes a while for them to bond."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite