Maggie Gyllenhaal's Baby Named After Patti Smith's 'Gloria'
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks1 of 11
- Photo: Pacific Coast News2 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com3 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: Pier Marco Tacca/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/Pacific Coast News6 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com7 of 11
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential ReplacementsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:05:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Says She May Quit Acting After Girls EndsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:02:00 PM
- Game of Thrones Star Kristian Nairn Comes Out as GayMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 2:01:00 PM
- What Happened When the Cameras Went Off? Bachelor's Chris Harrison Spills on the Tense FinaMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 1:47:00 PM
- Jon Klein on His New Online Venture: 'We've Created the Company That I Feared WoulMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Anne Sweeney Exits Disney: TheWrap Picks Potential Replacements
Maggie Gyllenhaal named her newborn daughter Gloria after falling in love with rocker Patti Smith's rendition of the Van Morrison classic.
The actress and her actor husband, Peter Sarsgaard, welcomed their second girl in April, and Gyllenhaal says they had the tot's name picked out long before she even got pregnant.
She tells Jimmy Fallon, "We thought of her name when we were at this concert that Patti Smith played at and she played 'Gloria,' and it was a couple of years ago and we thought, 'We'll name our daughter that one day.'"
RELATED: Maternity Style: Hits and Misses
But the actress isn't a fan of all covers of the track, which was originally recorded by Van Morrison's band Them.
She says, "My husband played me The Doors' version of 'Gloria' two days after my daughter was born and it was so dirty, I couldn't handle it. It was a super, super dirty version! Van Morison has an awesome version, which is the one Patti Smith is covering, but she does hers totally her own (way)."
Gyllenhaal and Sarsgaard, who wed in 2009, are also parents to daughter Ramona, 5.
RELATED: 2012's Celeb Baby Brigade
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite