Maggie Gyllenhaal's Baby Named After Patti Smith's 'Gloria'
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks1 of 11
- Photo: Pacific Coast News2 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com3 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: Pier Marco Tacca/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/Pacific Coast News6 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com7 of 11
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'The Killing' Final Season Premiere Date Set for AugustMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:13:00 AM
- What's in the Black Box? A Mind-Numbing DanceMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:48:00 AM
- Jennifer Berman Joins Roadside Attractions as SVP of Acquisitions, Co-Productions and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:44:00 AM
- Peter Jackson Reveals New Title for Third 'Hobbit' FilmMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:06:00 AM
- Maker Studios Partners With Viral Video King Jukin MediaMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 10:00:00 AM
- 'The Killing' Final Season Premiere Date Set for August
Maggie Gyllenhaal named her newborn daughter Gloria after falling in love with rocker Patti Smith's rendition of the Van Morrison classic.
The actress and her actor husband, Peter Sarsgaard, welcomed their second girl in April, and Gyllenhaal says they had the tot's name picked out long before she even got pregnant.
She tells Jimmy Fallon, "We thought of her name when we were at this concert that Patti Smith played at and she played 'Gloria,' and it was a couple of years ago and we thought, 'We'll name our daughter that one day.'"
RELATED: Maternity Style: Hits and Misses
But the actress isn't a fan of all covers of the track, which was originally recorded by Van Morrison's band Them.
She says, "My husband played me The Doors' version of 'Gloria' two days after my daughter was born and it was so dirty, I couldn't handle it. It was a super, super dirty version! Van Morison has an awesome version, which is the one Patti Smith is covering, but she does hers totally her own (way)."
Gyllenhaal and Sarsgaard, who wed in 2009, are also parents to daughter Ramona, 5.
RELATED: 2012's Celeb Baby Brigade
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite