Maggie Gyllenhaal's Baby Named After Patti Smith's 'Gloria'
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks1 of 11
- Photo: Pacific Coast News2 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com3 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 11
- Photo: Pier Marco Tacca/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/Pacific Coast News6 of 11
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com7 of 11
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who WillMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' RenewedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- James Foley's Mother: 'We Have Never Been Prouder of Our Son'MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:59:00 AM
- German retailer opening US flagship in CincinnatiMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:35:21 AM
- Seth Meyers prizes his new role as Emmycast hostMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:23:29 AM
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who Will
Maggie Gyllenhaal named her newborn daughter Gloria after falling in love with rocker Patti Smith's rendition of the Van Morrison classic.
The actress and her actor husband, Peter Sarsgaard, welcomed their second girl in April, and Gyllenhaal says they had the tot's name picked out long before she even got pregnant.
She tells Jimmy Fallon, "We thought of her name when we were at this concert that Patti Smith played at and she played 'Gloria,' and it was a couple of years ago and we thought, 'We'll name our daughter that one day.'"
RELATED: Maternity Style: Hits and Misses
But the actress isn't a fan of all covers of the track, which was originally recorded by Van Morrison's band Them.
She says, "My husband played me The Doors' version of 'Gloria' two days after my daughter was born and it was so dirty, I couldn't handle it. It was a super, super dirty version! Van Morison has an awesome version, which is the one Patti Smith is covering, but she does hers totally her own (way)."
Gyllenhaal and Sarsgaard, who wed in 2009, are also parents to daughter Ramona, 5.
RELATED: 2012's Celeb Baby Brigade
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT8 Ice Buckets
From Crowd Ignite