Malin Akerman: "I love Ryan Gosling"
- Photo: Michelle Gray/London Ent/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Robin/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Can't Hit Warp Speed at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 8:50:20 AM
- Ben Affleck on 'SNL': Oscar Speech Apology Is Hard Work (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 7:34:23 AM
- What is Jewish Humor? Justin Timberlake 'Smells a Trap' for Coen Brothers in CanneMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 5:13:00 AM
- Cannes Review: Coen Brothers' 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Is a Breathtaking OdeMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 6:30:49 PM
- Deals: Weinstein's RADiUS Buys 'Blue Ruin' After Cannes Premiere MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 4:58:13 PM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Can't Hit Warp Speed at Box Office
By Melissa Hunter, with reporting by Jennifer Odell
Malin Akerman may have made the leap into blockbuster films, but she never forgets about the little people. (Indie movies being the little people in this case.) Her latest role is in the independent film "Happythankyoumoreplease," directed by "How I Met Your Mother" star Josh Radnor, premieres this week at the Gen Art Film Festival in New York. Wonderwall had a chance to catch up with the starlet at the festival to talk all things indie.
Wonderwall: What makes Gen Art unique?
Malin Akerman: I think anything that supports and celebrates the arts is great. A lot of real moviegoers come to film festivals like these to watch films for what they are and not for what the box office tells them. So you feel like you get back to why we are in this business and that feels really great.
WW: How does working on a low-budget film compare to a studio movie like "Watchmen"?
MA: The thing I love about indie films is you sort of go, go, go, go, go. It's like theater where you have a show every night. And it's nice because you never lose touch with your character, you don't lose touch with what you're doing. and there's not big breaks in between scenes.
WW: Is there a lot of bonding on set?
MA: I like being together and being crammed into small spaces, and everyone gets to know each other. You get to know who is holding your boom [mike] and, unlike on a bigger film, you know about his family, not just his name. Everyone just hangs out, which is really fun."
WW: So we gotta ask ... who's your ideal leading man?
MA: I guess he's become a big celebrity but I love Ryan Gosling, maybe because he's Canadian. I think he's phenomenal. I think anything he does is amazing.
We'll be the first to agree with you on that one, Malin.
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite