Malin Akerman: "I love Ryan Gosling"
- Photo: Michelle Gray/London Ent/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Robin/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- McCain: It's Common Sense That Consumers Should Choose Their Cable ChannelsMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 6:54:19 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Robert Redford's All Wet, and So Is the FestMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 6:04:40 AM
- Celeb birthdays for the week of May 26-June 1MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:01:00 PM
- 6 Lessons Hollywood Needs to Learn From 'The Fast & The Furious'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- YouTube Network FullScreen Hires HBO Go Co-Creator Tim MohnMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- McCain: It's Common Sense That Consumers Should Choose Their Cable Channels
By Melissa Hunter, with reporting by Jennifer Odell
Malin Akerman may have made the leap into blockbuster films, but she never forgets about the little people. (Indie movies being the little people in this case.) Her latest role is in the independent film "Happythankyoumoreplease," directed by "How I Met Your Mother" star Josh Radnor, premieres this week at the Gen Art Film Festival in New York. Wonderwall had a chance to catch up with the starlet at the festival to talk all things indie.
Wonderwall: What makes Gen Art unique?
Malin Akerman: I think anything that supports and celebrates the arts is great. A lot of real moviegoers come to film festivals like these to watch films for what they are and not for what the box office tells them. So you feel like you get back to why we are in this business and that feels really great.
WW: How does working on a low-budget film compare to a studio movie like "Watchmen"?
MA: The thing I love about indie films is you sort of go, go, go, go, go. It's like theater where you have a show every night. And it's nice because you never lose touch with your character, you don't lose touch with what you're doing. and there's not big breaks in between scenes.
WW: Is there a lot of bonding on set?
MA: I like being together and being crammed into small spaces, and everyone gets to know each other. You get to know who is holding your boom [mike] and, unlike on a bigger film, you know about his family, not just his name. Everyone just hangs out, which is really fun."
WW: So we gotta ask ... who's your ideal leading man?
MA: I guess he's become a big celebrity but I love Ryan Gosling, maybe because he's Canadian. I think he's phenomenal. I think anything he does is amazing.
We'll be the first to agree with you on that one, Malin.
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite