Malin Akerman: "I love Ryan Gosling"
- Photo: Michelle Gray/London Ent/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com4 of 7
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Robin/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:39:51 PM
- How Oscar Isaac's Career Fallback Landed Him 'Inside Llewyn Davis'MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:30:24 PM
- Nelson Mandela Death: The Anti-Apartheid Freedom Fighter's Life in Pictures (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:25:02 PM
- The Antichrist Is Coming in New 'Devil's Due' Trailer (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 4:14:38 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Ian Harding to Play Drug Addict in 'Dynamite: MSNEntertainment 12/5/2013 3:26:12 PM
- Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper Are Ruining the Country in 'American Hustle' Clip (
By Melissa Hunter, with reporting by Jennifer Odell
Malin Akerman may have made the leap into blockbuster films, but she never forgets about the little people. (Indie movies being the little people in this case.) Her latest role is in the independent film "Happythankyoumoreplease," directed by "How I Met Your Mother" star Josh Radnor, premieres this week at the Gen Art Film Festival in New York. Wonderwall had a chance to catch up with the starlet at the festival to talk all things indie.
Wonderwall: What makes Gen Art unique?
Malin Akerman: I think anything that supports and celebrates the arts is great. A lot of real moviegoers come to film festivals like these to watch films for what they are and not for what the box office tells them. So you feel like you get back to why we are in this business and that feels really great.
WW: How does working on a low-budget film compare to a studio movie like "Watchmen"?
MA: The thing I love about indie films is you sort of go, go, go, go, go. It's like theater where you have a show every night. And it's nice because you never lose touch with your character, you don't lose touch with what you're doing. and there's not big breaks in between scenes.
WW: Is there a lot of bonding on set?
MA: I like being together and being crammed into small spaces, and everyone gets to know each other. You get to know who is holding your boom [mike] and, unlike on a bigger film, you know about his family, not just his name. Everyone just hangs out, which is really fun."
WW: So we gotta ask ... who's your ideal leading man?
MA: I guess he's become a big celebrity but I love Ryan Gosling, maybe because he's Canadian. I think he's phenomenal. I think anything he does is amazing.
We'll be the first to agree with you on that one, Malin.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAirport Drama
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite