Man Pleads Guilty in Celeb Email HackingRelated: Christina Aguilera, Scarlett Johansson
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks1 of 12
- Photo: Joseph Kerlakian/StarTraks2 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital5 of 12
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks6 of 12
- Photo: Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 12
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP10 of 12
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Good Morning, Cannes: Robert Redford's All Wet, and So Is the FestMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 6:04:40 AM
- Celeb birthdays for the week of May 26-June 1MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 10:01:00 PM
- 6 Lessons Hollywood Needs to Learn From 'The Fast & The Furious'MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- YouTube Network FullScreen Hires HBO Go Co-Creator Tim MohnMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:46:16 PM
- How an Extreme Movie Makeover Saved 'Fast & Furious' From Going Direct to MSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 7:43:57 PM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Robert Redford's All Wet, and So Is the Fest
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A Florida man pleaded guilty on Monday to hacking into the email accounts of such celebrities as Christina Aguilera, Mila Kunis and Scarlett Johansson, whose nude photos eventually landed on the Internet.
RELATED: Celebrity Hunger Games
Christopher Chaney, 35, of Jacksonville, Fla., entered his plea in federal court to nine counts, including unauthorized access to a computer and wiretapping. He was immediately taken into custody. Sentencing was scheduled for July 23.
Chaney was arrested in October as part of a yearlong investigation of celebrity hacking that authorities dubbed "Operation Hackerazzi."
Prosecutors said Chaney illegally accessed the email accounts of more than 50 people in the entertainment industry.
RELATED: Best Off-Season Beach Bodies
Nude photos Johansson had taken of herself were later posted on the Internet. Aguilera also had private photos put online, court documents show.
Johansson told Vanity Fair for its December issue that the photos were meant for Ryan Reynolds, now her ex-husband.
Chaney mined through publicly available data to figure out password and security questions for celebrity accounts. He also hijacked a forwarding feature so a copy of every email a celebrity received was sent to an account he controlled, according to court documents.
A search warrant unsealed and obtained by The Associated Press said Chaney's computer hard drive contained numerous private celebrity photos and a document that compiled their extensive personal data.
Chaney forwarded many of the photographs to two gossip websites and another hacker, but there wasn't any evidence that he profited from his scheme, authorities said. He has since apologized for his actions.
RELATED: Celebrity Quirks and Phobias
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite