Rooney Mara hasn't seen 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Mike Marsland/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Nancy Rivera/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Michael Thompson/Allure6 of 16
- Photo: Jon Furniss/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: Mark Mainz/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Wylde/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital12 of 16
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott/Vogue13 of 16
- Photo: Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott/Vogue14 of 16
- Photo: MGM/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Actress Rooney Mara has yet to see her new movie "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" because she wants to watch the film for the first time with her fans.
"The Social Network" actress underwent a massive physical transformation to play Lisbeth Salander in the new thriller and her efforts paid off last week when she landed a Golden Globe Award nomination for her performance.
But despite unveiling the film at three star-studded premieres around the world, Mara confesses she's yet to see what all the fuss is about.
Watching a clip of the movie during an appearance on US morning show Today on Monday, Dec. 19, she said, "I haven't (seen it yet). I've seen that scene quite a few times now. Usually you have more time when you finish a movie to see it. This all happened very fast."
Instead, Mara is planning to sneak into a public screening of the film upon its release this week so she can witness fans' reactions for herself.
She added, "I didn't want to watch it alone in a dark room, and I didn't want to watch it at the premiere where there was sort of a lot of pressure. I just want to see it with a real audience when it comes out."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite