Marion Cotillard Says of Motherhood: 'I've Never Been More Exhausted'
- Photo: Peter Lindbergh/Vogue1 of 18
- Photo: Francois Mori/AP2 of 18
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage3 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 18
- Photo: Kevork Djansezian/AP5 of 18
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin7 of 18
- Photo: Fame Pictures/Fame Pictures8 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com9 of 18
- Photo: NO CREDIT/Bauer-Griffin10 of 18
- Photo: VPB/WENN11 of 18
- Photo: VPB/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN13 of 18
- Photo: Joel Ryan/AP14 of 18
- Photo: JBD/ZJE/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP16 of 18
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'S.W.A.T.' star Steve Forrest dies at 87MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 10:53:06 AM
- Time Warner Cable Customers Face Blackouts in 14 Markets Over Retrans DisputeMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 10:02:09 AM
- Top stars square off for summer tour dollarsMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 9:58:56 AM
- Scott Thorson: How Liberace Protected His 'Big Secret' in the Homophobic &aposMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 9:58:37 AM
- Banned Iranian director Rasoulof coming to CannesMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 9:26:05 AM
- 'S.W.A.T.' star Steve Forrest dies at 87
Marion Cotillard received special treatment while working on "The Dark Knight Rises" -- not that her co-stars minded.
The film's director, Christopher Nolan, believed in the French actress so much that he restructured the film's $250 million production schedule around her due date, according to the August issue of Vogue. The Oscar winner, 36, and her boyfriend, actor Guillaume Canet, 39, welcomed son Marcel on May 20, 2011.
"The word 'challenging' is thrown around as some kind of pejorative to mean an actor who's difficult. But Marion is challenging in the true sense of the word. She's so good you don't want to waste that talent," Nolan, 41, explains. "You want to hold up your end."
Nolan, who also directed Cotillard in 2010's "Inception," marveled at the actress's ability to begin filming so soon after giving birth, calling it "amazing to see." He also described her as "Superwoman."
Since becoming a first-time mom, Cotillard, who plays Wayne Enterprises executive Miranda Tate in "The Dark Knight Rises," has struggled to find a balance between work and motherhood. "I've never been more exhausted. But I've never had more energy," she tells Vogue. "This is the paradox of being happy. That's where it comes from."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Find out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite